Chapter Ten

School kicked off without a hitch after Winter Break and, much to everyone's relief, Draco and Harry returned to normal. It was almost as if their sudden hit of depression didn't happen, and while everyone who knew the two was worried that it might happen again only one person actually came forth with the issue. Yes, it was a certain bushy-haired Gryffindor much to a certain two's annoyance.

"Alright Speak!" A practically shrieking voice that caused the groans of a blond Ravenclaw demanded. They were in the library and Draco was currently sitting at a table by himself, Harry having run off to find a book to read that didn't try to snap at him.

"Granger," Draco sighed setting his book aside for it seemed that he would not be getting his reading in for the day, and he was so close to meeting his quota. Now how will he fill his Ravenclaw book reading stamp card. Smirking to himself, amused for so many reasons at that thought, he turned to face the annoying Gryffindor, changing it to a smile just for appearance sake. "To what do I owe this honor or you gracing me with your presence and how, per-say, would I shove that honor back into your putrid annoying form and shove you down a flight of stairs."

"The smile was charming, the words not so much. If you wanna live up to the reputation of the Black brothers you gotta work on filtering." Harry mused stepping out from behind a bookshelf. Granger, if anything, looked more annoyed at Harry's appearance.

"Oh Harry," Draco breathed shaking his head is shame. "You obviously didn't read the atmosphere. She wanted to grill me alone and with you here she can't intimidate me."

      Harry chuckled before making himself look apologetic. "I'm sorry Mione. I'll be over there" he pointed toward a bookshelf "not listening." Before he could leave Hermione sighed and rubbed her forehead feeling a migraine coming on and wondering if it was possible to get an ulcer at her age.

      "No. This involves you anyways." Harry and Draco shared a smirk from over her shoulder. Harry pulled out a chair for Hermione next to Draco and took a seat across from her. "Spill. What made you two go all depressing on us before Christmas?"

      The question was innocent it really was and no one besides their ragtag family knew of the true reasons. Plus it did seem like Hermione wanted to help. Harry to these into account he really did, but for some reason he found himself growing angry. This was mostly because Draco's smirk dropped and his shoulders slumped.

     "Non-"

     "It was a family issue. A surprise Sirius, Regulus, and I planned..." Draco trailed off looking for the right way to phrase this "Something happened and the surprise was canceled, delayed." Draco paused finding that none of the words he used fit right. "You get the idea. I got a letter ahead of time from Sirius and I believe Harry received one from James."

      Once again Hermione didn't seem to like the answer but Harry's glare made her shut up. 'Really,' Harry thought 'She needs to learn to keep herself out of business that doesn't involve her!'

      The group was silent for a while. Hermione leaving when she realized she wasn't going to get a proper answer and Harry moving into her spot to console Draco.
--------------

     It was during a Quidditch match, Harry and Draco both sitting in the Gryffindor stands, not really sure if it was allowed, but cheering anyways. It was Ravenclaw vs Gryffindor one of the last games of the year. Harry, having been raised by Quidditch fanatic seemed so engrossed in the game, while Draco was just having fun with Harry's reactions. While he did find the sport entertaining to some extent, he found it more barbaric and refused to try out, no matter the fact that he was still a first year, despite Sirius' begging.

      Though he may have just don't it to piss the man off. Draco's favorite part is always finding away to make Sirius explode. He loved his brother he really did, he was just so easy to annoy.

      Not being drawn to the game so much as his Gryffindor counterpart, Draco examined the stands want hung everyone as they watched the game. It wasn't something that he was going to admit but Draco loved people watching, it was something that Remus would take him out to do, it's one of the reasons Remus is Draco's favorite adult.

     Quirrel seemed distressed for some unknown reason. He was whispering to himself, it seemed to be annoying Snape greatly. His eye would twitch every now and again and the man seemed close to snapping, but he looked as if he was restraining himself from yelling at the coward of a man, it was amusing to say the least. Drawing his gaze back to Quirrel Draco watched as the man kept wiping his head around in a panic, he was looking for someone that much was obvious.

      "Draco did you see that!" Harry shook his best friend's shoulders eyes trained on the field. "That was an amazing pass!" Draco stopped watching the teachers and turned back to the game. It was as if Harry's excitement was contagious and he found himself engrossed in the game as well.
-------------

      It was a few days later that Quirrel made his move. Making his way through the traps set about to protect the stone an hour later he arrived at the mirror. It was about an hour later that Snape arrived after him. The head of Slytherin watched in amusement as the man before him was trying every possible way to get a stone from inside the mirror.

      Snickering quietly Snape waved a detection spell of his own devising over the mirror from the door way to see if there was a way to retrieve the stone. When the results came back he was shocked and infuriated.

     "Stop that!" Snape hissed yanking the man away from the mirror and trying the spell again. When the same results returned he growled.

     "Severus, what is it?" Queried Quirrel looking around the man to see the mirror once again.

    "Someone already has the stone. It's not here."
-------------
Well duh. Anyways haven't updated in days I see that. I just didn't feel into it.
So didn't know if you could tell but I have a small grudge against Hermione. So she's probably going to be annoying in these books. Ron though is going to be chill throughout everything.
Almost to the end. Yay!  

Ciao~