Ch| 14

Yea I'm my daughter's keeper
I don't take with the threats or promises either
..............

    "I'll be back later babygirl,"

I kissed Lana on her forehead, as I headed out of our shared home and made my way to my car. I was on my way to my brother Troy's house so we could discuss how we were going to handle our situation with these niggas in Miami on our heads. Fuck all the business for a minute, if anyone in the game was after me, they'd know that Troy is my Achilles heel. Besides my money, he was all I had. I vowed at a young age that I would put my life before his and I meant it.

Looking back at his younger brother, 8 year old Jace pointed in the direction of their tiny closet, as he brought his pointer finger to his lip, signaling him to stay quiet. Moving quickly and quietly, he tip toed into the living room making sure he stayed out of view.

"Where's my fucking money Keisha!" A dark man dressed in all black growled, as he held Jace's strung out mother up by her throat.

"I'll get it Reggie..." she began sobbing as he tightened his grip. "I.... I don't have-. Take my sons! They're young and...and they ain't never been touched."

Jace felt his stomach tighten as he listened to his mother offer him and his brother up in place of her overdue drug money. He could feel the palms of his hands clamming up in fear as he awaited the man's response.

"Bitch!" The man yelled as he pulled a gun from the back of his pants, smacking the woman in her head. "I'm not no fucking pervert! You fucking trying me! You either have my money or not."

"I'll get your money Reggie. I... I promise I can get it for y-"

Pow! Pow!

Jace watched as his mothers body fell limp to the ground and for the first time he saw the face of the man that murdered his mom. It turned out the man was really a teenage boy, no older than 14. As their eyes connected, the teenage boy reached into his pockets, pulling out a wad of cash and placing it on the coffee table for the newly orphaned boy, before disappearing out of the house.

Jace quickly grabbed the cash off the table, running back into his room to find his brother Troy crying in the closet.

"I'll never let anyone hurt you Troy," he said holding his shaken brother in his arms, rocking him slowly. "I promise."

..............

"You sure that's who's working for that Miami nigga?" I asked Troy as I ran my hand over my face.

"Deadass bro, I been watching that motherfucka these past couple of months, and some shit ain't adding up."

"Shit then I guess I know what I gotta do, you know the motto nigga." Shaking my head, I stood up punching the wall. "I can't believe that shit been under my nose this whole time and I never knew."

"Chill son, she sneaky as fuck. She was distracting you with sex and all that good shit." Troy placed his arm around me as he patted my shoulder. "She been around for 3 years bro, it was no way for you to know that Tee was the snake."

Nodding my head, I embraced my brother into a quick hug before pulling away. "Aight man, I'm about to get out of here. I need to get back home before wifey fucks me up," I said causing him to laugh as he walked me out of his house.

"Aight big bro, stay safe. Hit me when you touch down in the crib and tell Lala I said whassup." Pausing, he scratched the back of his head. "I know I fooled around with her that one time...but I'm happy for you bro and I would never jeopardize this, family....over that." I nodded my head in understanding before leaving his house and getting into my car.

.............

"Bitch! What I'm trying to figure out is why you're in my motherfucking house!" Lana's voice rang out as I made my way through the front door. I quickly ran to the kitchen, following the echoes of her voice.

"Like I said the first time, you little slut ass home wrecker, I'm here to talk to my child's father." I watched as Ivory twisted her neck and placed her hand on her flat stomach.

Bitches find out they're pregnant and immediately start holding their stomach. Like damn the baby is still nut at this point, calm down.

"And I'm telling you hoe, you got 5 motherfucking seconds," La began as she slowly crossed the kitchen, now standing face to face with Ivory. "Before I whoop yo pasty powdered milk head ass all up and down this house."

Stepping into the kitchen, I began walking through the large space to break the girls up. I wasn't planning on telling Lala about the baby, so I already knew I was in hot shit. The quicker I got this bitch out of my house, the sooner I could make it up to my girl by getting all up in her guts.

"Y'all need to chill with all this shit," I said as I gently pushed the two apart, making sure to place La behind me.

"No, you need to answer my calls. Then I wouldn't have to be here talking to this street trash about our child." As Ivory spoke, her accent got even thicker than before, as it was laced with rage.

"Watch your fucking mouth Ivo-" before I could even finish the sentence, Lana flew around me so fast, gripping Ivory by her throat.

"What the fuck did I say bitch! What did I tell you about disrespecting me." In one fluid motion, Lana brought Ivory's head down into her knee with incredible force.

Crack!

I rushed over to Lana, grabbing her off of Ivory. As Ivory regained her balance, I watched as blood leaked all over her clothes and the floor. It was clear that La had broken her nose.

Tossing her a rag, I tilted my head towards the front of the house. "See yourself out, I'll answer when you call." Pressing the rag to her already swelling nose, she quickly made her way out of the kitchen as muffled sobs left her mouth.

"Fuck her and fuck you Jaceion," Lana said as she tiredly slid down the wall. "We supposed to be a team and you kept that shit from me." I watched as she placed her head into her hands.

"What do you want me to do baby?" I asked as I kneeled down, becoming eye level with her. There was a long drawn out pause before she looked up at me with a tear stained face.

"I want you to be a father to your child. Go through the pregnancy with her, make appointments and everything." I smiled as I pulled her close, kissing her forehead.

"Done babe, I got you" I pulled back in confusion as she began smiling.

"And right after she pushes the baby out, I want a bullet between her eyes. We'll name the baby Justice."