Chapter 18

I couldn't panic, I couldn't. I needed to figure out where I was going and who was holding me. It was only one person, with a strong grip covering my entire face and on my shoulder.

I try to scream again, but it comes out even more muffled than the last, and the grip tightens even more.

I hear a door open, and sweat collects on the back of my neck, and I feel tears starting to build up. Where was I? Why did this keep happening to me?

The person drags me across the room, then lets go of me, shoving me towards what I thought was the ground. It was a bed.

I stumble, my breathes becoming raspy. I see through blurry, tear filled eyes, a man sitting down next to me. I immediately move, trying to make out who the person is.

I still can't see who it is, but he comes toward me, and I punch his stomach, hard. He is taken aback, but takes hold of my wrists, and I kick him.

"Tris!" I hear him say, and it sounds familiar. Too familiar... "Tris, it's me."

He wraps his arms around me, and I realize its Tobias. I pull away, and look at him with disgust, as the tears keep falling. My chest rises and falls quickly as my breathes become heavy.

"How could you do this to me?" I yell at him. "You, of all people, should know of the pain I went through that night!"

I run. I bolt out of the room, and run towards my apartment. I struggle to unlock the door, but finally I stand in the room.

"Tris, Will finally found m-" Christina comes over to me. "Tris! What happened?"

"Four... He... I..." I stutter.

"Tris, oh, what happened?" She asks again.

I go and sit in my bed, and try to calm down as Christina makes me some hot chocolate. She comes in, and tells me it will help to explain why I'm upset.

"Well, after we spilt up, I hid. Then, I went to come back, but a hand came over my mouth. I figured it was Peter or something, because he kidnapped me the first time." I explain.

"He let go of me, and Four... he was there. He did it." I choke up.

Christina thinks for a minute. "I don't think he meant to scare you. I think he was trying to be funny."

"Well it wasn't!" I say, tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Tris, sleep, its almost midnight." She says, taking my cup, and closing the door.

I try and sleep, but I can't. I just can't.

After a few minutes, I hear a knock on the apartment door, and then to people speaking furiously in tight whispers, but they rise louder to regular talking.

"I have the right to see her!" I hear a man say. Tobias.

"No, you don't! She's in shambles because of you!" Christina argues.

"I didn't mean to!" He yells. "Do you think I wanted to hurt her? I hate myself right now!"

"Why? Why would you hate yourself?" Christina yells back.

"I hurt her!" His voice cracks. "I- I can't hurt her, I love her too much."

After a few seconds, Christina speaks again. "Fine, go talk to her."

I sit up, as Tobias rushes into the room. He has a tear streaming down his face. A sight I never thought I'd see.

"I'm sorry." He says, quietly. "I- I didn't mean to hurt you, I really didn't."

He comes over to me, and takes my hand, squeezes it, then lets go to leave. I grab his wrist, and he sits at the edge of the bed. I sit next to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. He takes my hand again, and strokes circles on the back of it, as I so often did.

"I'm sorry." He says again.

"Stop saying that. I know you're sorry, you didn't mean for it to happen that way. I understand." I say.

He continues to hold my hand, and with his other, he wipe a tear from my face, brushing stray hairs to the side as well.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you, too." I say.

He kisses my forehead, and helps me under the covers. He goes to leave, but I don't want him to.

"Tobias." I say, quietly. "Can you stay?"

He smiles slightly, and removes his shoes. He crawls in, and brings my back to his chest. I feel his steady breathes.

He leans close to me ear. "I love when you call me that."

I close my eyes, as he wraps his arms around me.

He sighs, kissing my cheek, and I turn my head to press my lips to his. He smiles into the kiss, but breaks away.

"How did you forgive me so quickly? I know I wouldn't have forgiven myself." He says into my ear.

I look into his eyes, and he looks into mine.

"I can't stay mad at you forever. My bed would be cold." I say to him.

"It would, wouldn't it." He sighs.

Soon, I drift off to sleep.

•••
This was a tough chapter to write, but I hope you like it! Don't forget to vote!