Chapter 14

"I spoke to your father."

I almost choked on my damn cereal; "Come again?"

"I spoke to your father. About the hospital."

"Oh." Wow Ashley that's the best you could come up with 'oh'.

"He's coming to see you."

Well this is new. They haven't had any sort of communication since they signed the divorce papers and now he's coming for a casual visit.

"When?"

"This Friday, he's staying for the weekend." She states in a monotone voice.

I can only nod along. I don't know how I feel about him coming to see me after so long. Why even bother now? He never even cared to meet his own granddaughter.

"Ashley?" My moms questioning tone snaps me back to reality.

"Sorry what?"

"I asked how you slept last night. Any nightmares?"

"No."

Yes.

"Good, I made an appointment with Violet for Tuesday afternoon at 5pm."

I roll my eyes at her, but before I can complain she cuts in; "Please Ashley. Humour me."

"Alright, fine."

~~

"Knock, knock." Sophie's head pops in from behind my bedroom door as she cautiously enters.

"Hey Soph." I give her a small smile and close my laptop.

"How're you feeling today?" She plops down at the end of my bed and crosses her legs; propping her elbows on her knees and resting her chin on her hands.

"I'm good, how're you?"

"Good, good. The guys are worried about you."

I let out a long sigh, playing with a thread on my jumper before looking up to meet Sophie's gaze. "They shouldn't be I'm-"

"If you're about to say 'I'm fine' I'm going to hit you." Sophie cuts me off with a stern glare. "Are you coming to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I'm not going to leave when I've only just come back. I just have to get through this year."

"Your mom said that your dads coming to visit this weekend?" Sophie asks after a moments silence.

"Oh yeah. Part of me is excited to see him after all this time but then I remember that he left us and has a whole new family."

"Maybe this is him trying to reconnect with you and meet Amelia, maybe he's ready to meet her now.

I furrow my eyebrows and look up at Sophie, "Maybe he's ready? Do you think I was fucking ready! I was fourteen and I needed my dad when that asshole, h-he r-..." my throat closes up and I tightly shut my eyes to hold back the tears that threaten to escape like water breaking free from a dam.

"Ash, it's ok. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. If someone was there, if I- if I had of just walked with you that night, if I was there; he wouldn't have done anything a-and if he did I could have got help." Sophie stops rambling when she breaks into tears.

"I can't- I can't do this Soph. Please make it stop." Tears blur my vision as an overwhelming nauseous feeling comes over me and I jump up and sprint to the toilet to puke up my breakfast and lunch.

~~

Ethan's POV:

Jake, Sebby and I are all crowded into Jake's bedroom. While Sebby and Jake compete in yet another game of COD, I'm just lying on his bed; looking at the ceiling.