CHAPTER THIRTEEN: GOT YOU BACK

There was an obvious change about her. Not in her personality but in the way she behaved. It was as if her love for him had set her free and she was no longer hesitant to explore her past. Or her sexuality. And she was more feisty than the Kate he had known.

And he was starting to like it too damn much. So much that he almost forgot the problems impending on them like a heavy rain ready to drench them anytime. He wanted them to stay in that cottage forever. To stay like that forever.

When she had confessed her love to him, it had been so unexpected that he had thought it was his imagination at first. Never in his wildest dreams had he thought that Kate would end up falling with him all over again even with her memory gone. It humbled him to be loved so much by someone so wonderful as her.

And could not contain his immense joy when she had confirmed her love for him; it meant that whatever happened between them, they were always meant to be together. He had missed her so much that now he had found her, he never wanted to lose her again.

Consequently, so happy had he been in his love cocoon that he had completely forgotten about his next appointment with Dr. Landon. Thankfully, he had put a reminder and when his phone buzzed to tell him that it was time for the appointment, he felt all the pressure coming back. It was time for another painful session and it would tear him to see Kate in anguish yet again.

But he knew he had to be strong for her; he had to be rock solid to enable her to lean on him in her weakest moment. No matter how they tried to avoid the real problem, they had to tackle it eventually and his next step was to bring her for another session to Landon.

Aidan did not want her glow of happiness to dim when he told her about the impending appointment. But surprisingly, she took it well and calmly in complete contrast as to what he was expecting.

“Are you nervous?” he asked when she joined him in the car.

She let out a dry laugh. “I am. But I want to get on with it. I know it’s the only thing to do for the time being since Ryce is still stuck up with the list you made him,” she replied.

She was referring to his list of enemies he had prepared when he had believed that Kate was kidnapped. At that time, Aidan had wanted to go in that direction to look for Kate when Ryce had managed to convince him that he had been carrying it too far. But eventually defeated with the local police’s attitude, Ryce had himself started to follow that trail and Aidan had been forced to tell him that he had found Kate back.

To say that Ryce had been furious would be the understatement of the year.

“Whattt??!!! Are you f**cking kidding me here? I have…”

“I know. Listen, I should apologize but I was not going to take any risk. I mean she had forgotten everything. How was I supposed to react? I wanted to protect and get her well.”

“But Wolf you could have told me. I thought I was your ally. I mean you could have at least told someone. Do you know how everyone is worried about Kate? And you. You have disappeared with no news whatsoever.”

“I know. I know. But I had no choice. If we came back, you would want me to go after the killer and I did not want that. Kate is my priority.”

Ryce sighed. It was a positive sign when Ryce sighed. It meant that he was giving in except he was making sure the person receiving the sigh knew he was not totally agreeing.

“How the hell did you find her? And when?”

“I found her on the day I disappeared,” he replied closing his eyes in dismay. He could feel another outraged cry on its way. And right it was!