Chaper 6 Quietness

We walk down from from car park I bet I stood out like a sore thumb it's spring time and I'm wearing a white off the shoulder dress with blue detailing "I should have changed".

"You look fine, are we ok now?" I nod "good" I stop and stare out at the ocean and get tears in my eyes  I feel a arm on my shoulder "you ok?" I bite my lip as a image takes over my mind.

"I remember blue eyes like Azza's was he there?" then I realise how creepy that sounds it sounded better in my head then again everything does.

"Yes, a few of the guys were there" I get a little braver moving closer to the water it was cold against my feet I look up at Jesse "are you alright shorty" I hold out my hand.

"I'm not going to lie to you but I'm scared, to remember what I forgot" he takes hold of my hand giving it a squeeze, "what if I forgot my one true love, I will never forgive myself" Jesse chuckles.

"Ava don't be stupid you fall in love with them again" I give him a very confused look.

"What do you mean again?" He doesn't answer me "Jesse what do you mean?".

"It's a figure of speech Avery sheesh you were beginning to sound like a Justin Beiber song" he laughs looking down at my hand "why are you still holding my hand we are on the beach" I smile and let go.

"Sorry" I don't know suddenly came over me I splash him he was taken back his face was a absolute picture and to add to that he was absolutely soaked his once white shirt is now transparent I could faintly see the bold writing of my brother keeper on his chest but I don't take anymore time up looking at his art work because as soon as his eyes meet my I take off running it I think the water was a bit sandy too oops hey at least he wasn't wearing white shorts.

"Avery" I hear behind me as he was running after me. A few minutes of laughing and running I begin to tire I feel s hands around my waist pick me up I feel a electric shock run through my body I've felt it before I'm sure.

"You drive me absolutely.. he gets cut off by a voice shouting

"Oi Jess put the girl down "Jesse quickly puts me down taken off guard but smiles he of must realised who was shouting him.

"Yatsey you idiot" Jesse laughs I hear a chuckle then I turn to see a tall man and Maxi they were behind us I wonder how long they were stood there, I smile.

"Hi" I wave shyly "I'm Avery" he sticks out his hand.

"Nice to meet you Avery  I'm Kristian but call me Yatesy" he gives Jesse a look.

"Whoa mate no just a friend" Jesse put his hands up in defence Yatesy raises his brow "I suppose Maxi made up some shit" I see Maxi smiling what a goof.

"Mate I only assume because you haven't had a date for a year what happened to that girl huh got sick of you and your bad mouth, how do you deal with him Ava" I just shrug  Jesse hasn't had a date for a year why?

"No.. shut up Maxi" Jesse answered clearly annoyed why what was that girl like.

"Matt Dee has ordered pizza do you guys want a slice?" Maxi asks changing the subject and turning the attention from Jesse's shitty mood  I give Jesse a look I'm really hungry but he   just shrugs I roll my eyes which made him give a response.

"Sure".

We walk inside the fairly small lifeguard tower to see two other men and to my surprise a girl "Ava this is Matt Dee" Maxi said pointing to a man with dark black hair and blue eyes, "this is Jethro" he looked like a hippy "and this is Nicola the only women on the team" they all shook my hand as Maxi introduced me. I sit down on a wooden table in between Jesse and Matt who seemed like a nice guy, we made small talk until the pizzas showed up which wasn't too long.

"I don't suppose you have any hp?" I ask grabbing a slice and putting it on a plastic plate I get strange looks from everyone other than Jesse and Yatesy.

"Your in luck kid" Yatesy says grabbing a bottle of  of hp sauce from his bag my eyes go wide with excitement.

"I love Hp with pizza" he laughs and I watch him put Hp on his pizza I don't know many people who put Hp on pizza hell I don't even remember but anyway I think we are going to get along.

"Avery your a weirdo" Jesse laughs.

"Avery isn't Greek?" I shake my head at Maxi's question.

"No your right but my middle name is Diatiró which means Cherish in Greek".

"That's a pretty cool mix" Nicola comments.

While we were eating Jesse notices something and rushes to grab the binoculars "someone's going under" I guess when you come to the beach off duty your never actually off duty "ah fuck it's a group of them" he puts down the yellow and binoculars and pulls off his shirt well the spare shirt which someone found for him and runs out the door Maxi, Yatesy and  Nicola follow him.

"I knew the quietness wouldn't last" Matt says to Jethro watching the scene play out on the binoculars "once there was 7 now 3" Matt Jokes then he suddenly went serious "Jess has just done three pulls" what does it mean, whatever it means made Jethro quickly grab a medical looking bag and run out the door.

It's crazy that because of how quickly these guys reacted many people live and survive , the radio crackles "we need a defib call a Ambo" someone said it sounded like Nicola "16 year old female unconscious no pulse".

Hope you like??