Chapter 9 Sorry

A lay on my bed since I told Jesse to bring me home, Anthony was home so they ended up playing call of duty I can hear them shouting laughing and arguing who knew boys got so argumentative over games.

My phone buzzed with a message off a unknown number (Hi Avery it's Yatesy thank you for giving me your mums number she gave me yours so we could have contact I hope you don't mind, I would love to get to know you better, see you soon kid.) I smile at my screen and soon reply (Hi Yatesy I don't mind at all I would love to get to know you too see you soon 😊)

I walk down stairs "Ant where does Em keep the photo albums?" he pauses the tv then looks up at me wide eyed.

"Why?"

"I want to see if I remember things."

"Aunty says you can't see them yet, sorry Ava, she said your to fragile right now" I sit down in between them and sigh and they continue their game but then he pauses it again.

"Mate what are you doing?" Ant stands up after putting the controller down on the coffee table.

"I think she babies you too much what she doesn't know won't kill her" he left the room and I can't help but smile.

"What brought this on?" Jesse asks putting down the controller.

"I have many questions Jess that my mum or aunt won't answer so if pictures jog my memory then the questions will answer themselves, pictures helped me know that I was in a relationship with you so".

"Yeah about that Ava Ant doesn't know" my mouth forms a o shape "he would kill me because of the age difference he's said before."

"What is the age difference?"

"Six years" that's not many years but to some people i suppose it can be seen as a lot.

"It shouldn't matter" he shrugs "Jess were you embarrassed" he chuckles.

"No".

"When why should it matter?"

"Because Ava.." he soon shuts up as Ant walks in with about twenty photograph albums.

"I want to help you Av, I hate you not knowing my mum shouldn't baby you" he turns to Jesse "there maybe naked baby pictures just warning you" he laughs.

"No worries". I open the first page to see a group photo my aunties and uncles and my mum who was standing next to a much younger Yatesy and a couple more people I don't recognise I see Jesse's eyes go wide I can't help but chuckle .

"Ant who is this man?" I want to see what Ant knows.

"It was your mums boyfriend that nobody knew about, but I caught them" he laughs "he was a cool guy though" Ant smiles I turn the page then I realise this is my baby book as there was a scan photo which said my mums name at the top Miss Georgina Alanis I look at the next page it was baby me in my mums arms.

"Ava you were a cute baby".

"Thanks" I smile then turn the page there was pictures of each of my milestones.

After 10 pages of each life stage we were now on my first day of school apparently "you were so excited you wouldn't shut up".

"Ava excited for school".

After a hour of looking at photos I still didn't remember anything "I still don't remember much sorry" Ant puts his arm around me.

"Hey Ava it's getting better I see it" I turn to him.

"I'm still scared of water so how is it getting better" tears roll down my cheeks "sorry".

"It's ok I can't imagine how hard it is for you right now just know you can talk to me" I give him then Jesse a hug.

"Goodnight".

"Goodnight Ava" they say in union.

After a long shower I climb into bed I can hear talking "my family is shit at talking about important things they rather ignore it, thanks Jess for helping her".

"It's alright mate I've gotta go".

The next morning I wake up and look at the clock to see the time 6:30 I look at my phone to see a text from my mum.

(Ava I'm so sorry for keeping this secret from you, I love you) I turn my screen off and put the phone down I climb from my bed, and throw on some clothes which consists of some leggings and a long white top I throw my blonde hair up into a ponytail.

I find myself at the beach the waves were crashing against the shore as I sit on the wall I don't feel brave enough to go closer I see someone in the distance as they get closer I notice it was Jesse he was dragging a board up the beach "Oi you why are you awake at this time".

"Couldn't sleep" he sit down next to me "I want to go out there" I point to where the waves break.

"Really?" I nod if I never overcome this fear of the sea then I never will.

"Yes I do" it came out a little shaky "you said you would help me".

"Ava of course I will but we will have to start small, how,about we go swimming at the pool first".

Hey guys hope you like it.