Chapter 15 Hospital

I'm so glad we landed I couldn't sleep at all the whole flight I guess the last few days have caught up with me. We walk to arrives I was too tired to do anything so Yatesy carried my case "hey kid you feeling ok" one thing that I like about Yatesy is that he isn't constantly on my case I nod then I look up to see a face I wasn't expecting Jesse my mood suddenly picks up and I run to him then I realised what I just did.

"I don't know want just came over me" that's when I remembered "I've done that before" I say in a whisper he nods. We made it to the car as soon as my bum touched the seat I was soon sound asleep.

Jesse's POV
I'm so happy she's back and remembers running to me the day I came back from Bali with Koby and the Boys, Ava was leaning on me snoring "aye Yates I think Ava gets your snoring" Reidy comments Yatesy looks back and smiles.

"Mate I still can't believe she's my kid", I've never seen Yatesy get emotional "I've held it together for her but I loved Nina, the night I called her to talk about Ava she told me about..." he couldn't say it "she told me not to tell Ava as it may of harm her recovery.. mate right there and then I just wanted to leap out of the phone and hug her and tell her everything is going to be ok...and not even a week later she's gone" he's silent  "she said I'm sorry about keeping her from you but she should have her father especially since.. " Ava stirs  but soon falls asleep again not before mumbling.

"I missed you Jesse" I really hope nobody heard her, she goes back to snoring again.

"Jess is there something going on between you two? " Box asks  in a whisper he must of heard her I shake my head.

"No" he chuckles

"I think she likes you don't give her false hope otherwise Yatesy will break your legs"

"Why would I break Jesse's legs?" I though Reidy and Yates wouldn't be able to hear us over the sound of the radio and air con.

"I think Ava has a crush on young Jesse here" I give Box a look and he just laughs.

"You have been spending a lot of him with her kid".

"I was helping her get her confidence back since the accident she asked me too" I know we won't be able to keep it quiet for much longer, I don't even know if we are together or just friends who shared a kiss once or twice.

We pull up outside Yatesy condo "Ava, Avery wake up" Yatesy says opening the car door she slowly opens her "afternoon" she smiled.

"Afternoon or is it actually morning" she climbs out the car almost tripping Yatesy catches her.

"You ok Bambi" she shakes her head.

"I think need to lie down" we all give each other looks.

"Ava kid you've just slept..I think we need to take you to the hospital".

"I just tripped" she answers still holding on to Yates her answer was slurred.

"Ava come on don't be awkward you don't sound well".

Yatesy eventually won the battle with Ava so now we were waiting to be seen by a doctor "Avery Alanis" the doctor shouts.

"Seriously Yatesy your making a big fucking deal out of this" she whispers standing up.

Ava's POV
I walk into the hospital room with Yatesy close by my side he insisted Jesse, Reidy waited outside "hello Avery I'm doctor Chapman so what seems to be the problem" as I sit on the bed I stare at my father annoyed.

"My father is convinced there is something wrong with me since I keep tripping and I may have slurred my words" I answer.

"Doc Avery was in a terrible accident a year ago which resulted in head trauma and is still remembering things she sometimes suffers fits from not eating" I roll my eyes.

"Do you feel fine Avery"

"I thought I was tripping because I'm tired"

"Avery your father has a right to be concerned as sometimes during a recovery a can relapse"

"Does that mean I'll forget again?"

"Not necessarily but we'll do some test right away to make sure" I stare at Yatesy scared "there could be another problem".

"Please don't worry her she just lost her mum to a brain tumour" I hold my tears in, I ignore what else is said but when the doctor leaves my tears run free but Yatesy was soon squishing me with a hug, "I won't leave you".

"Please don't" I say muffled "your squishing me".

It's just my luck that after coming home I end up in hospital because I could possibly be relapsing, I was getting poked and prodded with needles, and was getting bright lights shone into my eyes the nurse who was doing these was so nice "so Avery what do you do you enjoy?"

"I enjoy reading and watching movies".

"What's your favourite book?"

"I like the Piano" while in Greece I came across the book in my mother belongings as we had a two days of waiting for the funeral I suddenly feel faint.

"Hey sweetie look at me" I feel my eyes roll back and everything goes blank.