{Emilia-1}

Today is the first day of freshman year. I just moved here this summer and I barely know anyone. I walk downstairs to eat breakfast, mum makes the best pancakes. I had about 20 before I decided to start walking to school. It was only about two blocks from my house, my parents wanted to "save money on gas". As I start walking I notice that there are kids waiting at a bus stop, I don't get why they just walk. When I was walking past them, I noticed a tall boy with brown curly hair. He was talking to some other boy about ice hockey. He was wearing one of those jackets only jocks wear, so I just kept walking. As I passed the bus stop, I noticed the boy started walking towards me. I started to get really nervous, hoping he wouldn't stop and talk to me. Besides it's the first day and why would a cute boy walk over to a stranger and start talking to them? Then I hear his voice. "Hey, are you new to Pine Ridge?" he said while trying to catch up to me, his voice sounded so sweet. I turned around and decided to talk to him. "Yeah I am, I just moved here this summer!" I said with a smile. "That's cool we don't really get new students at Pine Ridge" he said. "Oh, I don't really know this place or anyone that lives here" I said to this boy I have never met before. "Oh! Well now you know me, I'm Shawn Mendes" he said, while we headed towards the school.
"What grade are you in?" he said me as we headed towards the school.
"Well...I'm a freshman" I said nervously, hoping he wouldn't be that much older than me.
"Cool! I'm a sophomore!" He said with a smile on his face, like it was the best thing on earth that we are almost the same age.
"So, what's Pine Ridge like?" I asked him.
"Well...it's a school, that has teachers...and the teachers teach the students." He said. I let out a laugh.
"Wow, I would have never known!" I said while laughing. He started to blush
"yeah, but Pine Ridge is ok, the school is pretty big, and it kind of looks like that." He says while pointing to a massive building in the direction we were heading. "That's a big school, I wonder how I'll figure out where my locker is!" I said with a chuckle.
"Here I can show you around if we have classes together, do you have your schedule?" He asked politely. I started to rummage through my book bag to find my schedule, hoping I would have every single class with this handsome, and sweet boy.
"Here it is!" I proclaimed. "No way! We have all of the same classes! We are going to be best friends!" He says while we start walking toward the doers to the school.
"I can show you your locker too, it's in the area my is" he also mentioned.
"That's great!" I said while walking through the doors, he had opened for me.
"Ooo who's your girlfriend Mendes" was the first thing I heard when I walked through the doors. A group of boys with the same jacket Shawn has on said it. "Funny guys, this is y/n and she's new" he said while trying to hide the fact that he was blushing. It was kind of sweet that he blushed over something so silly about me. "I'll catch up you guys later" he told them, and they started yelling "Mendes is in love!!!" While walking down the rest of the hallway until I couldn't see them anymore.
"Those are the guys" Shawn says. "The guys, they seemed nice." I said while blushing. "Anyways, let's get to our first class, math." He said and off we went.