▲ 5 | Cipher ▲

All chapter names together make up a code, within another code. Try to find it as you continue reading :)
-----

Chapter 5 - Cipher's Mess at the Falls ◬
◬ Edited ◬
-----
• Cipher •
'a secret or disguised way of writing; a code.'
-----

'-----

---

"But I'd be fun to watch you try. Cute even!"

---

If Bill could sigh, he would. At the moment, he was hearing his associate getting his ear talked off by his other partner. What was his name again? Fishsticks, or something. Of course, Bill already knew his name but he liked to make fun of him a bit.

Fiddle-schmuck was talking to his colleague, Stanford Pines - after just being traumatised with a visual first-class experience - about how Bill was evil and how he had different plans than the both of them initially agreed on. Blah, blah, blah, Bill really didn't care.

He already knew what was going to happen next anyway.

Stanford was most definitely going to confront Bill about it, so he opened up the Nightmare Realm and took a look inside, to see how his pals were doing. Who cared? Stan was going to come running to him any second now.

"Bill! You lied to me! Where does that portal really lead?"

Right on cue.

"Ho-ho! Looks like Mr. Brainiac finally got smart."

It's not like this was the first time that this has happened, but Bill still enjoyed watching their faces change to absolute betrayal and hurt. Regret even, washed into the rest of the negative emotions in their eyes at the fact that they took an offer that was obviously too good to be true.

Bill has had many other victims before but he preferred to call them puppets. It's the most suitable word, as by definition it means to control something or someone. An example would be a man who was devoting his life to trying to find out the secrets of the Bermuda Triangle - or the Devil's Triangle - after one of his close friends mysteriously disappeared sailing within the area.

The man had sacrificed his time for his family and everyone just so he could focus on his work. It was easy to take advantage of his vulnerability, especially after his wife and daughter got fed up with his daily excuses of, "Sorry honey, I still have to finish this. Maybe later, okay?"

All Bill had to do was swoop in and he didn't have to do much to convince the man to let him help. Not only that, but Bill found it ironic that he was tricking a man that was dedicating his entire existence to figure out a mystery that Bill already knew the answer of, because he was the cause of it. 

He was the cause of those mysterious disappearances of the planes and ships. 

Purely for fun, of course, feeding off of the fear that people hide away for their loved ones.