▲ 10 | Reality ▲

-----
Chapter 10 - Reality ◬
◬ Unedited ◬
-----
• Reality •
'a thing that is actually experienced or seen, especially when this is unpleasant.'
-----

"Dipper Pines."

His words echoed through your head, and it took a few moments for you to process them.

"WHAT?! Dipper Pines? Sweet and awkward little 16 year old boy? You want to possess him?!" You exclaimed, thinking of multiple ways to possibly make him change his mind.

Bill's eye trailed to you, staring at you questionably. He seemed to have been trying to find the right words to say, but he spoke too soon. "Sheesh, you actually care for him or something?" He really hoped the answer was no.

You gasped, "Well, I've met him twice, and during those moments, he's proved to be a genuine kid."

"Well, whether you like it or not, I'm going to get revenge on that little todd-"

"No, no you're not. You forget whose in charge here." You cut him off abruptly.

He rolled his eye, and you glared at him. You huffed and walked forward, finally seeing the dots that were the people of Gravity Falls, the specks growing closer and closer.

"Besides, he's just a kid. Don't you want a body that's durable and strong, someone that can easily entice others?" You whispered the last part, hoping it would catch his interest.

"You'd like that, doll, wouldn't you?" Bill muttered.

You continued, ignoring his little comment, "If you were to find the body of a fairly appealing man, wouldn't it make it easier to manipulate other people? Someone that could endlessly charm others with their wit and intelligence, gently grabbing their trust by the hand until SNAP- you rip it away from them." You grinned at the thought.

Bill looked mildly surprised at your idea and stayed quiet. "They wouldn't trust some dirty old geezer, would they?" You stopped walking and stared at the sun setting down behind Gravity Falls.

Shielding your eyes away from the light, you raised your arm over your forehead, beaming, "Looks like we're here!"

---

It was your turn to annoy Bill.

Well, it's not as if you weren't doing it before, but now...

It wasn't on purpose, but all this new powers and deal stuff was really settling into your head and sticking there. It had taken a bit, but you had finally come to realise what had actually happened. And you weren't startled or freaking out.

You were excited.

Your personality had been a little hidden before, and even though you didn't mean to come off as obnoxious or loud, whenever you were confident and excited about something, you just rambled on. Especially with things you were passionate about.

"Oh god, I'm finally registering what happened!" You blurted out.

Bill looked at you confused, wondering why you were talking so loud, considering that you asked him earlier not to talk to you so you didn't look crazy. "You complimented my eyelashes?"