▲ 14 | A Deal ▲

BY POPULAR DEMAND- THIS BOOK IS BACK
-----
Chapter 14 - A Deal ◬
◬ Unedited ◬
-----
• Deal •
'an agreement entered into by two parties for their mutual benefit.'
-----

"Let's get home. We've got some party outfits to make."

//

It was the morning of Old Man McGucket's giant mansion party and he had invited the whole town. Pacifica and her family were less than pleased to be welcoming lower class guests into their old home, but there was nothing they could do except enjoy the party.

Dipper had briefly explained the history of the Northwest family, where they had made a promise with the commoners to allow entrance into their home once a year at their annual party, in exchange for the lumberjacks help in building the mansion.

You sat up from your bed and lifted your arm over your bedside table. Your alarm began to go off right on time and you slammed your hand over the top of it, silencing it for the rest of the day.

For a moment, you had dreaded getting up, before smiling to yourself, genuinely excited for the event beginning in less than a few hours.

Hastily standing up, you went to the bathroom, brushed your teeth, showered and changed into regular clothes. Leaving your bedroom, you walked by the living room, only to stop and stare curiously to your left.

There was Bill, fast asleep on one of your most uncomfortable chairs, snoring. He couldn't even reach the guest bed before he had conked out.

You chuckled quietly, going to the linen cupboard to fetch him a blanket. You carefully spread the fluffy fabric over his body, and he automatically adjusted and grabbed the edge of it, which, unfortunately, had your hand over it.

Bill grabbed your hand, pulling you towards him. You squeaked, placing your spare hand against the top of the seat to prevent yourself from falling on top of him.

"Doll," he murmured, with a drowsy tone.

"Y-yeah Bill?" You whispered, trying to keep your voice from wavering.

Whatever it was, you hoped it was important.

"Can you make me... coffee... is it?"

You groaned quietly, frustrated.

"That was intentional wasn't it?"

"I don't know what you're on about, doll." Bill replied, shifting his body closer to his 'bed'.

"Well, no. You can't have coffee. Get some more rest- you stayed up reaaaally late last night. If you do, then I'll make you a cup for later." You moved away, quickly releasing his grasp on your wrist.

Almost immediately he began snoring and you stared at him for a few moments, perplexed.

No way he's not faking that for comedic effect.

Scratching the side of your head, you made your way to your front door, with the doorbell ringing just as you put your hand on it.

Opening the door, you were surprised to see that no person was in front of it, but rather, an item.

You bent down, gently picking up a shiny piece of paper that was laid on your doormat. It was decorated with fancy gold writing and was printed on a slightly yellow acrylic paper.

It read:

~ + ~

You're Invited!
Join the town of Gravity Falls with the annual celebration of
everyone's surprising survival for yet another year!