▲ 7 | Power▲

-----
Chapter 7 - Power ◬
◬ Edited ◬
-----
• Power •
'move with great speed or force.'
-----

"You weren't born with cloning abilities. This is where you absorbed them from."

//

The ride home was a bit awkward. Dipper was the one driving so he could take the cart back to the Mystery Shack, but during that time, no one said anything.

At this point, the sun was already beginning to set, and a warm glow shadowed over the tops of the trees of Gravity Falls. You chewed your thumbnail as you tried to come up with something that could break the ice.

But you couldn't come up with anything.

Why was it even awkward? Nothing particularly eventful happened before, except for just figuring out the source of your brother's powers.

After Dipper dropped the two of you off, you felt the need to go for a walk. "I'll be back soon," you muttered, as your brother walked inside the house.

- - -

Your sense of direction was messy, and you had no idea where you were going. Within 5 minutes, you had already lost track of the path. Where you were, it seemed to have to thicker trees and fewer mushrooms.

You jammed your hands in your pockets and shivered. The air seemed to have gotten thinner, and you felt some difficulty breathing.

Pausing suddenly, you felt a wave of nostalgia.

I've been here before.

A familiar glow wavered from behind a couple of dark trees, diagonal from where you were facing.

The wind seemed to have sped up, blowing your hair to the left, loosening up any hairstyle you had before. You pushed apart the leaves and branches from between the trees and watched as the glow brightened.

It was beckoning you forward. It wasn't your imagination this time - you could hear multiple voices whispering to you.

To go forward.

To shake the hand.

The hand?

Pushing and bending the sharp branches resulted in a light cut on your right palm. You hissed, almost snapping out of your trance.

But you were immediately pulled back into it after you watched your hand seal up in an instant, almost as if you never injured yourself.

Your surprise and curiosity drove you further until finally, shining in front of you was the statue.

The statue you saw a few days ago.

Last time you felt some sort of consciousness.

Now you felt nothing.

The statue had a glint in its only eye. Its hand outstretched in front of you seemed welcoming, happy to see you.

You slowly lifted your hand up and walked closer to it, feeding into the voices whispering thoughts into your head.