Forbidden Jutsu

~Sakura~

We thought our troubles had ended the moment Kinshiki and Momoshiki were defeated, but to our surprise it was only the beginning. The last twelve remaining Otsutsuki Clan members had arrived on earth less than six days ago, and each day, more blood was shed as they searched for all nine jinjuriki that would revive the God Tree that contained the forbidden fruit. 

Naruto stared out at the dust covered, grimy window of the Hokage tower that overlooked the entire village. He focused his sights on the gated entrance, knowing that they would make their way there soon. Naruto was aware, more than anyone else, that it would be a battle for his life. But he still didn't try to hide or ask for help, instead he insisted that he would be the only one to go up against them. He was too damn prideful and cocky to realize that he needed to rely on more than just himself. No one knew what they were capable of, the small bits of intel we received just put us on edge. Naruto was stressed and worried, but he had every right to be.

"The villagers have all been safely evacuated out of the land of fire and  have already found sanctuary in the hidden sound," Konohamaru had confirmed as he made his way into the office. "I made sure to check the area for anyone that may have been left behind and we're clear."

"Good, now make your way out of the area as well," Naruto commanded. As hokage, he became more mature and well-spoken, but right now was different, he was serious and anxious. Without a response, Konohamaru bowed his head and left before Naruto could turn to face me. "That goes for you too, Sakura. Be sure to follow behind Konohamaru and tend to the sick and injured."

"No, I have plenty of qualified medics that are traveling with the villagers already. They don't need me, I can stay here and help you-" I denied, but the look on his face told me to stop while I was ahead. Those sincere and passionate blue eyes were now frustrated and intense, almost like like the enraged rapids of a river. 

"It isn't up for debate. Stay with Hinata or the villagers, it doesn't matter where, just anywhere else but here. Sasuke would kill me if anything happened to you," Naruto said slamming each word to my gut.

"Well you're right about that," Sasuke replied almost immediately on cue as he casually waltzed in his office to lean against the wall across from me in a careless manner, eyes shut in thought. "Besides he's not in it alone. I'll be with him since we both carry the abilities of Hagoromo."

"If you're both staying behind, then there's all the more reason for me to be with you. We're a team or are you forgetting that?" I gritted my teeth. "What would I do if something happened to either of you?"

"Nothing's going to happen, Sakura," Naruto exhaled deeply. Whether or not it was to reassure me, it didn't work. I didn't know that, and god knows they didn't know that either.

"You don't know that," I teared up feeling the tears begin to swell up and build in my eyes, but I instead held it back. I have to show them I'm capable of keeping it together, I can stay strong. 

"Maybe not, but I am asking you as a teammate and a friend, and I am ordering you as your hokage, to leave...please," Naruto subtly, yet ultimately pleaded. 

"Fine," I said before walking out of the office, but little did either of them know that's all I'd be leaving.

~~~

~Naruto~

My Kyuubi mode was about to fade away completely as my chakra was being absorbed through the palm his hand. My limbs felt paralyzed and my heart was slowing. I knew they had already began extracting Kurama and it was only a matter of minutes before I'd be dead. Sasuke and I had managed to defeat a majority of the clans men, but three had remained that had unnatural abilities. One was capable of paralyzing you with a palm strike to the chest, another was able to devour and absorb chakra with his hands, and the last could slow time by seconds making it difficult to land a direct hit. Even with the two of us fighting side by side, they were able to take us on with ease. I glanced over with the bit of strength I had left and saw Sasuke lying unconscious on the floor with both his eyes ripped from their sockets. The black holes that gushed with red only made me sick to my stomach. I shut my eyes and felt the rest of my body go numb and my lungs get heavy. They had succeeded in the extraction and had everything they needed to revive the god tree. I couldn't even stop them.

"I'm so sorry everyone," I wheezed before taking my last gasp of air before my lungs fully collapsed.

~Sakura~

I could only stand there and watch as my beloved husband and dear friend suffered at the hands of the Otsutsuki. There was nothing I was capable of that would even amount to the kind of power they had, so I was stuck waiting until they finished their task. 

As the Clans men retreated to the stump of the god tree, I took the opportunity and ran as fast as my heavy legs could carry me over to the two of them. Their bodies carelessly laid on the demolished grounds of the village, unmoving. I quickly attended to Sasuke before his condition got any worse. As soon as I had seen his eyebrows narrow closer together in pain, I moved quickly over to Naruto. There was almost nothing I could do, there was no pulse or air in his lungs. The life from his ocean like eyes disappeared, they now matched the dull grey sky above and contained no more passion or energy, just emptiness.

My head hung over his body and my tears spilled on his ripped shirt. There was one thing left I could possibly do. I haven't perfected it, but after all the years of studying the One's Own Life Reincarnation technique from the scrolls of Lady Chiyo, I can only try. Naruto has an entire village on his shoulders and a family to take care of. They need him more than anything. So as a medic, a teammate, and a friend, this is my duty to you. 

I placed my tiny shaking hands over his forehead to wipe away the dried stream of blood, "Thank you for everything, Naruto. I owe you my life." I whispered to him and proceeded to move my hands toward his chest. "Byakugou."

The seal released my stored chakra and I could feel my life energy shifting from mine to his. My breaths became deeper and my heart was slowing to a stop. With everything I had left, I left him with one last message, "Dattebayo, you idiot." I smiled.

~~~

~Sasuke~ 

"Are you awake?" I could hear a woman's voice echo as I tried to open my eyes. "Sasuke."

"Hn," I sounded as I finally opened my eyes to a blurry green figure. As they adjusted, Tsunade stared at me with her clipboard in hand. Her face seemed red and tired. 

"How are you feeling?" Tsunade asked sitting down on the seat beside my hospital bed. 

"Sore and off," I answered unsure if anything that had happened was real or not, but the pain sure was. 

"And your eyes, how do they feel?" She questioned me with a worried expression.

"They are having trouble adjusting, but I guess they're fine. What's going on? Where's Naruto?" I inquired needing more than just a health survey.

"Naruto is fine, he's alive that is..." She inhaled deeply before continuing. "But I think there's something you and Sarada should know about Sakura."