Kimono

~Sakura~

"Wear something more formal, like this," Madara suggested handing me a beautifully black Kimono with pink and white blossoming Sakura flowers and branches growing up from the bottom of the sleeves and skirt of the kimono. "It was my mother's, so please take care of it."

"I promise," I grinned at him, but he turned away from me and laid it on the frame of the bed in the room.

We were the only two to travel back to the Uchiha compound since there was still a war to worry about. But it felt odd to be a guest in his home. He wasn't very welcoming. Not that I expected him to be in the kitchen making dinner in an apron, but a nice "make yourself at home" could be the least he could do.

"I'll be in my room getting ready. I'll meet you downstairs when you finish," He said making his way out. This guy will be the death of me. Oh wait...I laughed and collapsed myself onto the bed, face first. Maybe a nice smothering would save me from the clutches of a man with the worst hospitality and attitude. I rolled over on my back and couldn't picture anyone else, besides Sasuke-kun that I would want to lie next to me...Maybe I shouldn't give Madara such a hard time. I mean, Sasuke used to act a lot like him at one point.

I sighed in frustration and lack of sleep. Uchiha men are so damn difficult, I swear.

~Madara~

The moment she smiled was the moment I knew I had to leave the room. My face began to heat up and my muscles started to tense. From what? I wasn't sure myself. Ever since she arrived, I felt drawn to her. I wanted to shake the feeling away, but she slowly, with every curve of her lips pulled me back in. I couldn't get over her knowledge and power, it was alluring. Weak people disgusted me, but she impressed me time and time again.

I can't think this way, I need to stay focused. There was no time for idle thoughts. This was a mission to get closer to the Senju and stay in power as a major clan. I shook my head and grabbed the hanging Kimono from its hanger. It wasn't as stunning as hers, but it was good enough for a wedding. Now how the hell do you put it on?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I struggled to get my kimono on, one hand struggled to tuck the left side under the right and my other hand couldn't keep the left side in place. I huffed in frustration while managing to keep the Obi in my mouth. How the hell was it possible for one person to get it on? I can command an army, yet I can't even manage to get my clothes on.

A delicate and hesitating knock came from my door. I knew it was her, but how could she be finished getting ready. Aren't women supposed to take at least an hour? "Yes?" I answered.

"It's been a while, I'm just checking if you're all right," she said through the crack of the door.

"It hasn't been that long, has it?" I inquired. There was no way she finished before me.

"It's been at least an hour," Sakura told me and I dropped my head in shame. I'm as bad as a woman. "Do you need anything?"

"Actually, would you mind helping me put my kimono on?" I asked shamefully.

"It's no problem. I've got to be a pro by now," She agreed with a short giggle.

I let her inside, but I forgot the reason why as soon as I saw her. Sakura's hair complimented her outfit in every way. The blossoms making her seem like the most beautiful flower to bloom. Her eyes were greener than a shard of grass or gleaming gemstone. The light tones of green made the room glow, much like her skin...I'll admit it, I never liked the color of pink before this moment, but now it seems it's my favorite.

Sakura tilted her head trying to pull me from my pleasant day dreaming. "Madara, you're trying to do too many things at once," She complained rolling her eyes and coming near me to fix my mistakes.

It seemed like a simple task for her, like she had done it a million times before..."How do you know how to do this?"

She hesitated for a moment. "I think it might be from helping my husband...," Sakura smiled and then dropped it along with her hands. "There, that should do it."

"What about the Obi?"

"I meant that should do it for the hard part," She smirked grabbing the Obi from my hand. Her hands wrapped around my waist and her body softly pressed against mine. It made me nervous to have her this close.

As Sakura brought the two ends together to tie, she looked up at me with a raised brow. "You better be watching how I do this, I'm not helping you next time. So, wipe that ridiculous smirk off your face."

"Hn," I said without listening to the last part. She turned the sash from the front to the back, careful not to make any mistakes. Her exterior may have been tough, but she was more delicate than most women I came across. Then again, I hang around men.

~Sakura~

Madara stared at me intensely, but I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I shrugged it off and continued to smooth out the the top near his neck. It reminded me of Sasuke and how much he would struggle too when we went out to a festival, he hated it, but he loved it when I put it on for him. But now it seems like those moments I had with him are farther away than I could reach. My hands paused in thought, but continued and turned my attention to Madara.

Instead of helping him with the rest, I handed him his haori jacket. "I'm sure you've got it from here."

I was about to turn around, but instead of taking the jacket, he took my hand instead. The grip of his hand gently pressed against my wrist. I was confused, but he didn't say a word. His fingers slid up to mine and tangled together hoping I would hold his hand back. I didn't...I was taken by surprise and I wasn't sure how to respond.

Madara blankly stood in front of me, pulling me towards him. His chest only inches from mine, the warmth resonating from his body to mine. "Mada-" I tried to speak, but his free hand moved to my neck and up to my chin, holding it up towards his face.

"Don't say anything yet," He hummed and despite everything, I listened. The touch of his fingers grazing across my neck made me shiver. I closed my eyes, not knowing what would come next. But nothing did. I slowly opened my eyes to see him looking at me. His eyes were soft, more so than his hands. I think he craved for me to stare back at him. We stood there for longer than I could remember, breathing harder than the second before. His lips were centimeters from mine and only moved closer. No-no, I can't do this.

I tore away from his embrace and walked out. I can't replace the hole in my heart that was Sasuke by filling it in with someone else. Just finish this mission with Madara and find a way home...