Pretending not to know

Hello, here is the long awaited new chapter. I'm really really sorry that it took so long, but I hope you'll enjoy it.

~~~~~~

Izaya POV

"Oi Flea, I told you that you should rest. So stop playing with the computer!" That said he lifted me up and put me on the sofa. Due to the fact that I didn't really have a choice, I started to watch TV. I began to think about the reason why I stayed at Shizu-chan's place right now.
It all started a few days ago after I got a new job from Shiki. The job included some issues with the russian mafia and some traitors in Shikis group, so it was quite risky. The day Shiki wanted to crush this little alliance, I was there to give him some information from inside. The problem was that some things went wrong and I got beaten up pretty bad. But in case something like this would happen, I already agreed with Shiki that he would help me to get out of there. And he kept his word. The thing was that this stupid protozoan appeared out of nowhere and told Shiki that he would take me home. Shiki knew that our relationship wasn't good, so he wasn't willing to let Shizu-chan do what he wanted to do. But in the end, Shizu-chan convinced Shiki that he wouldn't try to kill me. I still don't know how he did that. But due to all this, I was staying at his place AGAIN.
Honestly, without those injuries, I would've gone home already, but my movements were really to slow to get away. Especially because this protozoan was keeping an eye on me the whole time. I really didn't want to be alone with him for too long, cause he was still acting strangely.

Shizuo POV

So due to different reasons, Izaya was at my place again and this time I definitely wouldn't let him get away. The problem was that he seemed to be even more guarded than usual. And like this, the first thing I had to do was making him lower his guard.
It was already 8 pm and after dinner, he continued to watch TV. I guess it was some kind of silent protest because I wouldn't let him go home yet. But even so, I put a DVD in the DVD player and sat down next to him. After the movie played for a bit, Izaya just said that he wasn't surprised that I liked this kind of Movie because the guys prefer to use their muscles over their brains. But I was well aware that he just tried to provoke me so I just ignored his comment.
While the movie continued Izaya got silent and then I felt weight on my shoulder. When I looked to my right, I saw that the flea was asleep, seems like the movie was really boring for him. For a moment I thought about bringing him to bed, but he really has a light sleep when he doesn't have a fever, so I decided not to move till the movie was over.

"Oi flea, wake up the movie is already over." Izaya slowly opened his eyes and it was funny to see a defenseless expression on his face, until the moment he realized that he fell asleep on my shoulder. I could've sworn that his cheeks flushed for a moment. "Wh-What do you mean 'wake up' I wasn't sleeping. I just did that to harass you, just so you know!" That said he turned away and stretched a bit. When he stood up he still had a few problems to walk, because he sprained his right ankle. "Where are you going?" He stopped his movements and I guess, for a moment he wasn't sure if he should answer or not. But in the end, he just said 'taking a bath' and left the living room. Due to the fact that I really observed him a lot those last few days, I got better at reading him. And it looked like he hadn't forgotten the things I told him when I was at his place because he was still cautious with the things we talked about. And he always switched the topic as soon as the conversation went in a direction he didn't liked. I was quite certain that he also had feelings for me, but due to the fact that he was so stubborn, I had to wait till he would accept those feelings.

~~~~~~

An hour had already passed since Izaya went into the bathroom. As I knocked he didn't answer, so I opened the door. He sat right next to the door, wearing his bathrobe. "Hey, Izaya are you alright?" He looked up to me and stood up immediately, but his legs were unsteady and he fell into my arms. "Are you feeling sick? Should I call Shinra?"
"There is no need to call Shinra. I just feel a bit dizzy, because I stayed too long in the hot water, you panicking Idiot." As I heard his reply I was relieved and even though he said it the way he did, he still continued to lean on me. That meant that he was still not sure if he could stand by himself, so I lifted him up and brought him to bed.