Chapter 9

Team 6
Leader:
Tenten
Members:
Manzo Tami
Yuriko Hoshi
Akio

"We have to reach the village as soon as possible." Tenten said.
"Why the rush?" Yuriko asked.
"They may be notified about our search for them, they must be planning to hide somewhere. It will be hard to find then." Tenten said.
They were headed towards Village of Thunder. At a certain distance they saw a village full of life.
"Let's check this village first." Tenten said.
They teleported to the centre of the village.
"I never heard about a village outside Village of Thunder." Manzo said.
"I can feel strong chakra though." Akio said.
"Let's spread out and gather information about this village." Tenten said.
They spread out and asked the villagers about the village.
The village consisted of three clans. They were famous for their grain production. They sent their production to the Village of Thunder.
Yuriko got to know about it from an old lady. She drank tea with her as she told the history about the village. The location of village was a little difficult since it was hidden deep in the forest and only few people visited it.
"Has there been any strange happenings in this village?" Yuriko asked.
"What kind of happenings?"
"You know, like if someone murdered or you saw some strange signs from a house?" Yuriko asked.
"Not that I know of. I never go for a walk."
"Okay."
"Are you looking for someone?"
"Ah, yes! We are looking for a certain person with a scroll."
"I know a guy, he always roam around the village with a scroll at his back."
"Really? Would you know where he would be right now?"
"Hm... I'm not quite sure where he lives, but I can tell you about his appearance."
"Do tell."
The lady explained Yuriko about the man. His name was Renzo. He was a fishmonger since he also carried a basket with him.
Yuriko met up with Tenten and explained about her meeting with the old lady.
"Fishmonger....I don't think a common fishmonger would have the scroll." Tenten said.
"But it's worth the try." Yuriko said.
"Senpai!" Manzo and Akio called out.
"Did you find anything?" Tenten asked.
"Nope." Manzo said.
"We should see that fishmonger. He may have the scroll." Yuriko said.
Tenten agreed with Yuriko.
They went into the small market. The fishmonger, which the lady had described, was nowhere to be seen. They kept an eye on every fishmonger but none looked like him.
Yuriko was buying orange when she spotted the fishmonger. She ran after him and blocked his way.
"Would you like some fish, miss?" He asked.
"No."
He gave her a confused look.
"Is he the one?" Tenten came near her.
"He looks exact the same as the lady described. I'm not sure." She said.
Tenten nodded her head and then turn towards the man.
"We are here to get the scroll which you are carrying at your back." Tenten said.
"T-the scroll?" He said.
"Yes."
He, again, gave her a confused look.
"Show us the scroll that you are carrying." Tenten said.
"Oh, this?" Renzo pointed at his back.
They nodded.
"I found this on the way to the river. There is nothing written in it, it's empty."
"We will see about that. Just show us the scroll." Tenten said.
Akio and Manzo also came running towards them.
Renzo set down his basket and took off the scroll from his back and gave it to them. Tenten opened the scroll. There was indeed nothing written on the scroll.
Tenten returned the scroll and apologised for her behaviour towards him. Renzo smiled at her and patted her head as a gesture.
"But I fee immense chakra from near. It's really strong." Akio said.
"We should visit that lady maybe she would help us find the scroll." Yuriko suggested.
They walked near the old lady's house.
"Wait!" Akio said.
"What is it?" Manzo asked.
"I feel chakra, its is near." Akio said.
Their gazes fell at the house.
"It can't be." Yuriko said.
"It is possible." Tenten said.
"Let's sneak in!" Akio said.
"That's rude!" Yuriko said.
"As if we haven't done that before." Akio said.
Yuriko blushed in embarrassment.
"I agree with Akio. Let's search it." Tenten said.
They entered the house from the back door.
They searched the house but found nothing. Yuriko checked the wardrobes but there was nothing. Just as she was about to go back, she tripped on something.
"Clumsy." Akio teased.
"I'm not clumsy!" Yuriko said. "I tripped on something, I think there is something here."
Yuriko removed the carpet from the spot.
"Oh look, a cellar door."
She opened the door and Akio first stepped in.
"It's pretty dark in here." He called out.
Tenten walked in the room.
"What did he find?" Tenten asked.
"I found it, not him." Yuriko said.
"It's really spacious." Akio called out.
"Let's go in."
They stepped in one by one. Manzo managed a candle light from some drawer.
Tenten took the candle from him and opened one of the cupboard.
"This place is creepy." Yuriko said.
"Scaredy cat." Akio said.
"Shut up!"
"Guys, open all the cupboards." Tenten said.
They all opened the cupboards and Wardrobes.
All of them were filled with scrolls.
Manzo whistled.
"Not so innocent is she." He said.
The whole room was surrounded by thousands of scrolls.
"What if they are all legal scrolls, you know, what if these are just their clan's traditional scrolls." Yuriko said.
"Let's take a look at some of the scrolls."
They searched the scrolls one by one.
"Hm...I don't know much about scrolls but I think this one is illegal." Akio said.
"This one has a sign, a little similar to what Hokage-sama showed." Manzo said.
"Well, we cannot search every scroll for the one we are looking for." Tenten said.
"What should we do then?" Akio asked.
"I think you should leave this place." Came the old lady's voice from behind.
"Ba-san." Yuriko muttered.
"What are these scrolls doing here?" Tenten asked.
The old lady changed into Taichi with a poof.
"Well, they all belong to me so clearly they are mine." Taichi said, smirking.
"Who are you?!" Akio said.
"The owner of these scrolls." Taichi said.
Tenten got into stance.
"Looks like we have to force you to take you with us." Tenten said.
"Let me see you try." He said.
Akio came from behind him and kicked him but Tichi grabbed his leg and slammed him into the wall. He screamed in agony.
"Shit, he broke his leg in one go." Manzo said.
Yuriko neared Akio but Taichi kicked her from behind, Tenten blocked his kick and punched him but he dodged it.
"We can't use any jutsus here its underground." Manzo said.
"And an advantage for me." Taichi said, he kicked his back and slammed him into the ground.
Tenten took out her scroll and performed a hand sign. Thousands of kunais aimed at him.
He dodged them but some managed to him.
Tenten cleaned sweat off her face. Taichi got up, bloodied from head to toe.
"Now you're making me angry." He said.
He neared Tenten and kicked her but she dodged it. He performed an unfamiliar hand sign and slapped her arm. Tenten jolted up with pain. She was unable to move, she screamed and fell unconscious.
"Senpai!" Yuriko yelled.
"Let's get out of here." Manzo said.
He picked up Tenten and Yuriko helped Akio up. Manzo teleported out of the house. Taichi appeared in front of them.
"I'm going to finish you off." Taichi said.
He performed a set of hand signs.
"We have to teleport quickly!" Yuriko said.
"I can't. I'm low on Chakra!" Manzo said.
Just then Taichi appeared from behind and slammed his hand on both of their neck causing them to drop Tenten and Akio. They screamed while holding their necks and fell unconscious.
"Looks like this place is unsafe for the scrolls." Taichi muttered.
"Took you long enough to deal with them."
"Shut up, Eren, I was going easy on them."
"Well, let's get those scrolls out of here."
They disappeared into thin air.
*********
Kakashi rubbed his forehead in frustration.
So far only three scrolls have been reported back.
Team 1, Team 2 and Team 4 had reported that they had found the scroll and were headed towards the village.
Team 1 with the help of Temari found another man with scroll and were able to defeat him. He was now under the surveillance of the Sand village.
Team 2 was also able to find the scroll and was on its way.
Team 4 reported an hour ago and they gave him the scroll, which was sent to the scholars to analyse it.
"This is harder than I expected." He muttered.
*********
That's all folks!
Thanks for the votes and comments.
Peace!