Chapter 15

Sakura woke up in a dark, hospital room. She raised her hand to touch her head. She looked blankly for a moment, tears leaked out from her eyes.
'How could I think so low of my friends?'
'You had no control on your thoughts!'
'But it was doubt that brought out those thoughts. I was ready to give in. I was known to be a fighter but how can I call myself a fighter now!'
Thud.
Her teary eyes looked towards the noise. Sasuke stood at the window. She hysterically tried to hide her tears.
"I can still see them."
"Sasuke-kun."
He quietly sat on the stool near the bed and looked out the window.
"If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here?"
Sasuke didn't reply her.
She looked at him. His eyes shone with the moonlight. She had always admired those eyes.
"I'm sorry." Sasuke muttered.
Sakura looked at him.
"F-for what?"
Sasuke didn't reply.
"For a moment I thought I had lost myself and no one would come for me." Sakura said. "Even though I have so much faith in Naruto and even you... but at that time—
Her breath hitched as tears rolled her eyes. She covered her mouth.
"I lost faith in you, I lost faith in Naruto, I lost faith in everything. And now imagining Naruto's smile, I feel like doubting myself was the worse thing I ever did. It makes me guilty."
Sasuke was immediately in front of her.
"Don't let your emotions get enough of you."
"W-what?"
"You got emotional, that's why you got manipulated."
"No! It was my thoughts. You don't get it!"
"You never lost hope in me, you never hated me after all I had done and you think a simple thought was your fault?"
Her eyes widened.
"It was me, it was Naruto who didn't come to save you before he performed the jutsu."
"I could've stopped—
"You couldn't and that's that. You were weak because of the seals." 
Sakura looked down.
"We have to rid of these seals." He said.
"What do you suggest?"
"Tomorrow. After you get discharged."
With that he disappeared.
"Still the cold person, heh."
***********
The next day, everyone came to visit her. Naruto kept on asking for her health. Ino cried like a pig she was. Naruto smiled at her which made her a little guilty but she brushed it off.
She got discharged from the hospital which was unusual because it would take her time to recover.
Kakashi sent her message that she should stay with Sasuke again.
"But why?" She asked the nurse.
"It's the order of Hokage-sama, I don't know." The nurse said.
'I am capable of defending myself then why the hell did Kakashi-sensei ordered me to stay there. My apartment is done!'
"Come on, Sakura. Of we go!" Ino said as she helped her out of the bed.
Her legs still felt numb making her harder to walk easily.
"Why am I getting discharged so early!" Sakura moaned.
"Guess it has something to do with the seals and they don't want to perform the jutsu in  the hospital." Ino said.
They reached Sasuke's house. Ino helped her in. She set down all her things near her and then left her with an apology of having work to do.
"You're not my best friend!" Sakura teased.
"Emotional black-mailing." Ino rolled her eyes.
Sakura chuckled and bid her goodbye.
"I will be with Sakura-chan 24/7!" Naruto yelled.
"U-um Naruto-kun, we have to leave at 5 pm for the conference."
"We just came back from a mission, we deserve rest!" Naruto protested.
"A worthy hokage needs to train himself." Sakura said.
"B-but what about you, Sakura-chan?"
"I'm numb, not disabled!"
"Fine!"
They stayed till 5 pm in which Naruto blabbered about something, making Sakura wish for him to leave early.
At night, Sasuke came into her room and sat down near her bed.
"We are going to remove those seals." Sasuke said.
"Okay, I'm ready." Sakura said.
Orochimaru appeared into her room. Sakura yelped in surprise and held Sasuke's hand unconsciously. She realised what she had done and removed her hand immediately.
Hello there, Sakura-san." Orochimaru greeted.
"Hi..."
Sasuke watched in amusement as she fidget in the presence of Orochimaru.
"Shall we begin now?" Orochimaru asked.
"Yes." He said.
"Please remove you shirt."
"B-but the seal is on my arm." Sakura said.
"I know but still you have to remove it."
"C-can't Tsunade-sama do it?" Sakura muttered to Sasuke.
"Only he can do it." He said.
"I'm not going naked in front of him, no!" Sakura whispered.
Sasuke rolled his eyes internally.
"Do it without her shirt removed." Sasuke said.
"But—"
"Do it."
Orochimaru walked near her and placed his hand on her shoulder. Sakura cringed at his touch. Suddenly, Orochimaru bit her neck making her jump in pain. She felt a little dizzy and then went unconscious.
"Now let's get started." Orochimaru said.
Sasuke ripped her sleeve off. Orochimaru held her arm and focused his chakra on her arm.
"Remove it permanently."
"Absolutely."
The seal spread out immediately on her body and began fading away gradually. Sasuke could see her body aching and knew that the moment she woke up, the pain would be unbearable.
It took two whole hours for the seals to fade away completely. Orochimaru's bit mark also disappeared with the seals.
"Looks like my work is done here." Orochimaru said.
Sasuke nodded at him.
"No thanks, I see."
"Don't expect any."
Orochimaru chuckled and then glanced at Sakura.
"It is useless to care, always leads to one's destruction." 
With that Orochimaru disappeared.
************
Sakura saw a blurry figure and then darkness. Again blurry figure and then the pain shot, she jolted up. Sasuke looked at her. Her breathing quickened and her body ached from head to toe. She was in so much pain that she couldn't even speak. She neared Sasuke and pressed his hand hard enough to break his bones.
"M-make—
She breathed again and let out a ear curling scream. Sasuke flinched a little. She slumped back on the bed and tossed around but she couldn't bear it.
"I can't!" Sakura screamed.
Sasuke sat her up and held her.
"Th-this—
He hit her neck and she slumped on him.
*******
Sakura woke up again with Ino tending to her.
"Ino-pig?"
"Sasuke brought me here. Said you caught fever and were low on chakra." Ino said.
"Thanks." Sakura muttered.
********
Sasuke got home with a bag of ingredients to cook some food. He saw Sakura sitting on living room. He placed the bag in the kitchen and walked into the living room. As soon as he walked in, Sakura hugged him.
He looked down at her in surprise.
"I'm sorry." Sakura blurted.
Tears blurred her vision. She cried  in his shoulder as he held her formally.
"I'm sorry." Sasuke muttered.
*********
Sakura's POV
After I recovered from my pain. Sasuke was already ready for his journey. The days that I stayed with him, I got to know him more. His emotionless face told me everything. He used to apologise everyday and I forgave him everyday.
Even though him leaving the village made me sad, I hope this journey makes him guilty-free. I want him to be at peace.
Before leaving, he poked my forehead again. And it made me happy again. He had small smile on his face which only I got to see. Naruto teased us for keeping a secret from him. I smiled back at Sasuke and hit Naruto on the head.
What would this dunderhead know!
**********