Important Person: Johnathan Jones

"He really is something, isn't he?" I chuckled before walking back to Johnathan, a twinge of jealousy still lingering in him.

I rolled my eyes and sat back down at the table, where Johnathan took the seat next to me. "Johnathan, you know that I don't like him that way." I playfully tapped him on the nose, startling him. "I like you that way."

"Ugh, whatever," Johnathan sighed as he tried to stifle a chuckle. "I just get a little jealous, sometimes."

Inside, I wanted to thank Johnathan for being jealous, since that meant that he actually wanted to spend time with me. On the outside, however, I remained stern. "You know, Johnathan, when I talk to another guy it doesn't mean that I'm full on replacing you."

He rubbed his neck in embarrassment and continued to eat the waffles that I brought for him. "Yeah, I totally knew that."

***

Once we finished eating our filling breakfast, Johnathan and I got up from our seats and waddled toward the front desk, our bellies full of waffles.

"Hey, uh, are there any rooms that are free?" I asked, exhaustion lingering in my voice.

The man at the front desk smiled and nodded. "Of course! What floor would you two prefer?"

Before I could answer, Johnathan replied with a sharp "Top floor."

I didn't necessarily choose to ask Johnathan why his reply was so rushed and stern, but I predicted that he wanted to be on the top floor since he was used to always staying high in buildings, like when he stayed in the attic in an apartment building.

I stayed quiet as Johnathan gladly took the key from the worker at the front desk, and he took my hand in his and led me up the stairs to our hotel room.

***

Once Johnathan held open the door for me, I curiously peeked inside the hotel room. It was styled in a vintage, cabin-like look: the floor was made entirely out of wooden boards, and dark brown wooden boards stretched across the top of the room to support the white plaster ceiling.

A cute, wooden bed was tucked away in the corner of the room, bright white sheets engulfing the bed and two fluffy beige pillows.

The small kitchen had a small fridge, other appliances, and a few shelves that made it easy to store and cook a bit of food. Also, next to the kitchen sat a tiny dining table that could seat four people. White placemats were perfectly set onto the brown table, and each of the brown wooden chairs had white cushions to match the placemats.

The living room was situated next to the bed, two long couches were placed so they faced each other. A brown coffee table sat in front of the couches for convenience, and a few old newspapers were strewn about on its top.

Lastly, the bathroom was tucked away in a separate room, and it was decorated with a cute blue sink and baby blue wallpaper was situated in stripes along the small room's wall. Two large windows were in the back of the hotel room, and Johnathan and I could easily look out onto the town of Gettysburg from our room's windows.

"This is gorgeous!" I cheered as I ran inside and leaped onto the bed. The soft mattress engulfed me, and I succumbed to its warmth.

Johnathan smirked mischievously and made a beeline for the large bed, and he jumped high into the air before crashing down onto its soft surface. His weight caused me to careen off of the bed and collapse onto the floor into a heap. I screamed as I flew through the air and landed onto the hardwood floor of the hotel room.

"Johnathan!" I shouted before hitting the floor back-first.

Johnathan laughed and peered over the foot of the bed down at me. "Hey, I saw the opportunity, and I took it."