Chapter 1

(Jeremy's POV)

FLASHBACK

"Hey, um, Christine, I, uh, was wondering if, um, sometime, you wanted to, um... go out with me?" I timidly asked.

"Oh, Jeremy, I actually have a girlfriend, I thought I already told you," she said like she was at fault. "You're a really great guy, and doing the show with you was so fun last year, but I'm already with someone, and I'm not really into guys. I really hope this doesn't damage our friendship, though, because I really love being friends with you." She offered two arms to bring me into a hug, and I accepted.

"It's okay, your girlfriend must be the luckiest person I know," I told her and pulled away from the hug. Tears were filling up my eyes and I turned away and left her in the hallway. I saw people looking at me with pitiful eyes, so I started running out to my car.

"Of course she has a girlfriend, she's a theatre kid you idiot!" I mumble to myself when I'm in my car. "Why would someone with that great of a voice and acting skills be into guys, none of them are ever straight." I sit in my car, crying and wallowing in self-pity.

FLASHBACK END

I shot up in my bed, my pillow wet and my blanket kicked off. I keep having that nightmare, and it's been a week after that incident. I feel happy for Christine, and her girlfriend is the sweetest. Her name is Heather McNamara, and she is always so nice. Christine's peppiness helps McNamara deal with her suicidal thoughts; she really needs Christine. I feel like I've let go, but this dream just can not get out of my head.

Well, it's 1 a.m., and I have school tomorrow, so I really should fall back asleep, but just then, my phone lights up and I'm reluctant to check it, but eventually I look at it: 12 texts from Evan.

(Evan's POV)

"C'mon, look at your phone Jeremy," I mumble quietly to myself as to not wake Connor who's asleep with his head on my lap. Then, my phone bings.

SquipBoy: Yo it's 1 what u want

TreeBoy: CONNER IS ASLEEP ON MY LAP ON MY COUCH

SquipBoy: and?

TreeBoy: HOW DO U NOT GET THIS MY CRUSH FELL ASLEEP ON MY LAP AND I DON'T WANNA MOVE BUT IM SOO TIRED

SquipBoy: o well just fall asleep on the couch

TreeBoy: o yeah thx

SquipBoy: ya np gn oblivious lover boy

TreeBoy: only trees and Connor lol. Gn

"Idiot, you can't even think around Connor," I mutter and blush, adjusting myself to lean on the armrest and keep Conner comfortable.

I fall asleep with ease, the warmth of Connor calming me down and making me feel very safe. I dreamt of a day when he would look at me and admit he had the same feelings as I, and it made me giddy once I woke up.

"Bro, we're gonna be late if you don't wake up," Connor shook me and was staring over me, shirtless. "I'm gonna steal one of your sweaters since I forgot to bring one," he tells me and then walks to my bedroom, then I hear him open the closet door. He walks back with a red sweatshirt on, the one Michael gave me when we had to match outfits for middle school. It was ginormous then, so it still fits me, and apparently Conner, too.

"You like it? I didn't know you owned an iconic 'Michael sweater'," he questioned with a smirk.

"I liked you better without a shirt..." I whispered.

"Huh?"

"Oh, um... d-did you notice the gay flag on the arm?" I quickly pointed out, then laughed.

"Oh, ha, well, I mean represent, right?" he was flushed, but I was taken aback by what he said.

"You m-mean, support, right?" I question, and Michael is gay so that's why it's on the sweater.

"Well, actually, me too," he says plainly, as if I already knew.

"Oh, uh, nice, I guess," I say trying not to sound super excited.

"C'mon, go change, I'll pack your stuff and meet you in the car."

We drove to school in a pleasant silence, and I waited eagerly to tell Jeremy the news.