Chapter 7

(Christine's POV)

It was finally the big day! I was performing a solo and a duet scene, and it would be my first performance in front of my whole friend group! Oh, I just love theatre, almost as much as I love my girlfriend.

(Chat with TreeBoy, DeadGirlWalking, YellowHeather, MagicalMartha, Player1, TheatreNerd, BathBombBoy, InsaneAndGay, JazzGurl, and SquipBoy)

TheatreNerd: hey guys so excited to see ya'll today at my performance!!

DeadGirlWalking: yay hyped

Player1: I got a surprise for you guys when we get there

SquipBoy: ooh can't we just tell them now!

MagicalMartha: ^omg ship it

TreeBoy: totally!!!!!!!

Player1: let's just say it's gone cannon

InsaneAndGay: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

BathBombBoy: u guys r all dorks

YellowHeather: u eat bath bombs

JazzGurl: ooh roasted

TheatreNerd: bwahahaha and would u guys wanna grab some ice cream after

(All): yaaasss

TheatreNerd: k see u then

Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for Jeremy and Michael, and I totally called it. I felt bad for Jeremy when I had to tell him I already had a girlfriend, but he already had Michael, he just didn't know it yet.

Time sped by and it was already time for the showcase to start. My solo was the opening, and I wowed away the crowd with it. I felt like everything around me just disappeared, and I was the only one in the room. As I belted the tune of "Days and Days" from Fun Home, I felt chills on my arms from how great I sounded and felt. In this arrangement I characterized as a mother singing to her daughter about how to not waste any time of your precious life. I am very moved by the meaning in this song, and hope I get the message to the audience. After I finish, I feel satisfied with all of the cheering, the loudest coming from my dear McNamara.

I waited in the wings until it was time for my scene with Duke. God, I hated that girl, she always talked about my McNamara. She rants on and on about how terrible McNamara is, so when I walk into a room with her it's hard not to start a fight. We have to portray something from Little Women, a scene with two sisters, one coming to terms with her death. Good thing for her, as soon as I get into a character I won't break.

We finish our scene and everyone cheered loudly, and when we held hands to bow I gave her the fakest smile possible, then received one from her too. The show finished and I hurried over to my friends.

"Oh, you did amazing Chrissy!" I heard McNamara squeal. I grabbed her hips, lifted her up, twirled her around, and gave her a sweet kiss as a thank you. She giggled and pulled away while still holding my hand.