Chapter 6

(Jared's POV)

BathBombBoy: hey im at the café sorry I couldn't pick u up

MagicalMartha: its ok omw

I anxiously anticipated for Martha's arrival at a small table, waiting for our drinks. I had never been on a date before, because everyone thinks I'm a jerk, which is partially true. I have a very straightforward humor and don't really have a filter, so not many people like me. Martha is different, however. She's helped me adapt a filter and showed me that you don't always have to make rude jokes just to get people to laugh. She's seen past my offensive cover-ups and thinks that I'm a great person.

She too is wonderful. So much faith is in her heart, sometimes it's too much, but I love it anyway. She is sweet, kind, innocent, and caring. She's been through some rough times, being totally alone last year because of Veronica hanging out with the Heathers, but no matter what she stayed positive. Except when she almost committed suicide, that was really scary. But I visited her tons while she was in the hospital and we became close. We're very comfortable around each other and I'm glad to have her.

"Hey Jared! How's it going?" I here her say as she walks over.

"Good thanks! And yourself?"

"Super great and so glad it's the weekend!" we laughed.

A few seconds later my name was called, so I went up and grabbed our drinks. "An iced coffee for me and a cotton candy Frappuccino for you."

"Thanks so much Jared, you are too sweet."

"Thanks," I say while blushing slightly. "Um, Martha, I know we've had an unofficial thing for a while now, but I want to ask you if you will be my girlfriend? Officially?" I feel my palms sweat and I chew on my straw while taking a sip.

"Yes, of course I will Jared! You are so sweet and I would love for us to be in an official relationship!"

"Well then perfect!" I raise my coffee and say, "To our newfound relationship!" We clink our cups together and she giggles faintly. Adorable.

(Jeremy's POV)

Michael and I have been non-stop on this one game, and it's about 2 on Saturday morning. I was happy I could spend time with him and just forget about everything. This guy and I have been through practically everything together, and he's one of the only people who stuck with me after the Squip incident. We have been friends since we were three, and have had plenty of time to grow an emotional bond. I care for him deeply and if anything happened to him I would be crushed. I notice he is getting sleepy and has rested his head on my shoulder.

"You getting tired Mikey?" I giggled at him slightly.

"Huh? Oh, no," he said and blushed a bit. "Jer, no matter what we're always gonna be a team, right?"

"Of course, you're my favowite person, and I wouldn't ever leave you," I assure him.

"Well, can I tell you something, Jer? You have to promise that whatever I say won't affect our friendship, kay?"

I nodded my head, and then felt his arm slink around my waist. My face became hot, and I knew what was coming next. "Michael, I-"

"No, please just let me say this. Jeremy, I like you a lot. Since I met you, I always knew you were different. You and I have been through it all, and the fact that you've stayed with me is incredible. You've stopped me from doing so many stupid things, and that's made you really important to me. I couldn't imagine a world without you, and now I can't imagine a world without you being mine."

At this point I was tearing up and speechless; I knew that Michael liked me but I never realized how much. He noticed my lack of words and immediately stood up.

"I-I'm so sorry Jeremy," he said as he stumbled away to the bathroom. I run after him but he goes in, slams the door, and locks it.

"Michael, open the door," I plea, but the only response is a loud sob. "MICHAEL! Open the door! Please!"

"Jer, you don't have to pretend to care, i-it's okay. I understand, and it's alright," he seems relatively calm, and that worries me immediately.

"Michael, stop now. Put the razor down." I know that the only thing that calms him down is the sight of blood, which means whenever he gets stressed he cuts himself.

"No, no Jer," he barely got it out of his mouth. "I can't stop this time."

At this point I shove open the door, having to break the handle, but at least I can save Michael. "Michael please stop, you can't do this to yourself." I grab his hand, gesture to the cuts on his arm, and then started crying.

"Jeremy, no, don't cry! I will stop, but only so that I don't see you in pain. Jeremy, I don't care about how you feel toward me, but I love you. You are everything to me, and if you are hurting I could never live with myself, so I will stop for you."

I am absolutely stunned by what he says, and have no words to reply. I pull him toward me and rest my forehead against his. I wish we could stay like this for forever, me protecting him from whatever might be hurting him. My thoughts are interrupted by soft lips upon mine. It's pure bliss, like no kiss I've ever had. Since I'm demi, I was never really attracted to Brooke; all of the kisses we shared meant nothing. With Michael, I felt like my heart had grown wings and was fluttering.

Stunned, I pull away and manage to get out, "Um, Michael?"

"Y-yes?"

"I love you too."