Chapter 5

(Evan's POV)

TreeBoy: yo theres something I gotta tell u

Player1: ya?

TreeBoy: CONNER AND I R DATING NOW

Player1: WOOOOOOOOOOH

TreeBoy: yayayayayyayayaayayay

Player1: theres something I gotta tell u

TreeBoy: wut?

Player1: I'm asking Jeremy out this weekend

TreeBoy: oooooooh finally good luck bro!

Player1: thx im so friggin scared tho

TreeBoy: ur gonna be ok bro, I gtg Connor just got to my house bye

Player1: peace

"Hey, Ev," He says as he walks through the door, he sounds defeated and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Wh-what's wrong?" I glance out at his car and see his bags in the backseat. I try to pull away so I can see if he's crying, but there's already wetness on my shoulder.

"I told my dad that I was gay, my mom nor sister was home, and he yelled at me and hit me," he says in between sobs. "I just couldn't take him anymore, he used slurs and hit me several times, then disowned me, so I got most of my stuff and came here."

"Hey, look at me," I grab his face and wipe away his tears. "You're gonna be ok I will always be here for you, I'm glad you came here before... doing something stupid," I tell him, making sure that he knew that I was proud he didn't just go straight to a bridge.

"I wouldn't ever, not knowing I would have to leave you behind."

I pulled him into a kiss and he relaxes, then I add, "Let's go get your stuff out of the car."

We silently unload his things, then put them in the spare room next to mine. However, he puts his pillow and blanket onto the queen bed in my room and says, "I'll sleep in here."

I blush but don't tell him to put those into the guest room. "Connor, I-I'm really sorry. I have no idea how depressed you must feel, my mom has always been very accepting, but I will always be here for you, and I'm sure my mom won't care that you stay with us." I take his hand, grab our backpacks from the floor, then lead him to the kitchen table.

"It's okay, I knew he was gonna do that, so I wanted to get it over before my mom and sister came home. I would hate them to see that, especially since my sister is asexual, and my mom knows about it." He grabs his phone, and I assume he is going to text his family what happened, so I just get started on homework, though I can't think very straight.

I only have a small, one-story house, and Zoe and her mom are probably going to leave their dad, so I open the group chat without Zoe and Connor.

(Chat with TreeBoy, DeadGirlWalking, YellowHeather, MagicalMartha, Player1, TheatreNerd, BathBombBoy, and SquipBoy)

TreeBoy: hey guys some stuff happened with Connor and his dad, so he's staying at my house, but I can't keep his mom and sister with me. Anyone have a big house so that those two can stay with you?

BathBombBoy: o so ur only keeping ur boyfriend and not his fam, rude

Player1: haha jared, and my house is too small sorry

TreeBoy: its ok, and shut up jared

BathBombBoy: no and I have homophobic parents, so im sure they wont approve of an asexual

MagicalMartha: sorry but im in an apartment rn, but if we move they can stay

TheatreNerd: they can come to my house, but my parents r like never home so we would always have to eat out lol

DeadGirlWalking: I GOT IT COVERED GUYS ZOE CAN STAY WITH ME

TreeBoy: omg of course, but her mom is gonna be with u too

SquipBoy: aaawww cute ronica

YellowHeather: ^WOOOOOOOOOOH

TreeBoy: I'll talk to Connor bout it tysm V

"Hey Connor," I interrupted him working on some reading. "Um, V said that Zoe and your mom could stay with her, and you could stay here if you wanted to..."

"Yeah, that sounds good, I wanted to ask you if we could all stay here, but you've got a pretty small house, so I can just stay. Thanks Ev!"

"Course Connor, anything so your family stays safe."

And with that, he grabs my hand from across the table and continues reading. I smile and continue with my work as well.