[ 16 ]

[ rose is the white one ]

16; shape of you

"so did you smash?" bryce laughed as he caught up with zach and jeff as they were walking the school hallways on that monday morning.

"i'd rather you not talk about my girlfriend like that," jeff frowned, trying his hardest not to smile so wide. he loved using the term girlfriend to describe rose, it made him feel like he's completed a large portion of his life. "but no we did not smash."

"you're so lame," bryce laughed and rolled his eyes as he squeezed jeff's shoulder briefly before disappearing in the large crowd in the liberty high school hallway, finding someone else to harass.

jeff just rolled his eyes before adjusting the strap on his bag so it would sit tighter on his shoulders. the two boys then entered the gymnasium, just like every other jock since all the coaches had called an emergency meeting for the liberty high annual camden exchange. the camden exchange was a three day epidemic full of sport and nothing but sport. it's where liberty high school and camden high school, a high school a few towns over, joined together to compete each other in every sport. the winner receives the lvc shield and get their school name and the year engraved on it, at that moment liberty high had lvc shield and has had it for almost four years. each year though, the location differs from either being in the town liberty high was located or the town camden high was located. usually only the jocks would participate in the three sporting days, while the other students would just sit around and watch or wag, but that year the cheerleaders and dancers would participate as well.

"would you look at that," zach scoffed as he nudged his mates side and pointed in a direction, "bryce is flirting with your girlfriend."

jeff squinted his eyes in the direction zach was pointing, and it did indeed look like bryce walker was flirting with his girlfriend, rose park. bryce had this supposed charming smile on his face as his hand rubbed rose's bicep, rose on the other hand had an awkward and uncomfortable looking smile on her face as she continuously tried to shimmy off his hand. bryce gave off a vibe that rose just didn't like, he seemed a little off to her. quickly, jeff slipped from his friend's side and waltzed up to his girlfriend and his other "friend". as soon as rose was in arms reach, he wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled his head into her neck, giving the exposed skin small pecks.

"jeff my man," bryce exclaimed, "i was just telling your girl rose here that she should show us all a dance before this meeting ends."

"and i was telling him that if he wanted to see me dance that he'd have to watch on the camden exchange," rose continued as she turned her body around in jeff's arms soon she was instead facing him with a smile that wasn't awkward at all, but genuine, "anyways babe, i have a question about tonight's tutor session. instead of tutoring tonight can we go to this new cafe down the street? it's a vegan one, so it's okay if you don't want to, i'll just go with lisa some other time."

"i'd love to go rosey, i wanna test out how good this vegan food is," jeff smiled and tightened his grip around her waist. in the background, jeff saw as bryce waddled away and over to justin foley and lisa strutted over to them with a cocky smile on her lips.

"so my matchmaking did well," lisa snorted as she placed her hands on her hips and smirked, looking the pair up and down briefly. "i'd be lying if i didn't say you guys are a hot pair, i'm a great love doctor really."

"what are you talking about? did you knock your head on something?" rose laughed and scrunched her brows up as she tilted her head to get a better look of her best friend.

"if it wasn't for me pushing you to ask jeff if he'd like you to tutor him, y'all wouldn't be together. if it wasn't for me telling jeff that you prefer fake flowers, y'all most definitely wouldn't be together," lisa stated, "so you're very much welcome peasants."

"i swear the littlest things get to your head," rose laughed and rolled her eyes, "how's alex standall anyways? any progress there love doctor?"

"he's too whipped about jessica," lisa was now the one to roll her eyes. ever since alex began attending liberty high lisa had been crushing on him, but unfortunately for her he was too crazy about jessica to notice what feelings lisa harbored for him.

"he'll come around one day," jeff smiled, "you're a very charming girl lisa, just sprinkle him with some more love doctor charm and you'll have him wrapped around your pinky."

"thanks for the encouragement guys! you're real good at the pep talks," lisa put her thumb up in the air before bouncing away and over to the other dance students.

"anyways, what dance are you, lisa, lili and jayla doing for today's performance?" jeff questioned.

"we will be dancing to despacito, but you'll have to wait and see," rose laughed and winked at him before shimmering herself out of his grip and walking away from him, going over to where lisa had only just disappeared to.