59 Confronting

"Dave?!" My eyes widened at the shock.

"W-DAVE? He's Dave??"

"Hmm?" Dave looked around with a wondered expression. "How do you know my name?"

Crap...

His sudden apperance made me feel stiff. My hands and feet wouldn't respond. My mind was running all sorts of questions that needed to be answer. I tried to speak, but something in my throat stopped any sound from coming out.

"Dave right?" Ren spoke.

"Yeah." Dave nodded.

"Melody wanted to say something to you."

"Me?" Dave looked at me and with that I found my voice.

"Y-yeah." I avoided eye contact with him.

"Sure I guess. Us alone?" He asked.

"Yes please." 

"Okay then let's walk around the festival while we can." Dave offered.

On my way towards him my hands felt cold.

How will I confront him?

"Don't worry." Tokiya held my hand secretly, giving me warmth.

I looked back and saw all of them giving me a warm smile.

"You can do it princess!" Cecil cheered quietly.

"Thank you everyone." I gave them a smile and rushed towards Dave. "Let's go?"

"Sure."

We walked around the festival talking about the horses and my career and simply talking about good things.

"So why are you here Dave?" I asked.

"Can't an old man enjoy a festival?" He gave me a smug grin.

"That's not what I meant!" I quickly apologize. "I meant how did you find us back there?"

"With the crazy colored haired bunch?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"With that beautiful harmony who wouldn't?" He grinned. "You made that song right?"

"Yeah..." I looked at the ground and smiled.

"It somehow reminded me of my wife..." He looked ahead with a reminiscing look. "She had the most wonderful voice in the world."

"Really?" I kept my smiling face hidden.

"Yeah. The whole world agreed with that as well and yet, she chose someone like me to be with."

"I think she made a great choice." I looked to him and gave a soft smile. "I bet your son would be happy to meet you."

"You think?" He looked doubtful. "I left him in an orphanage when he was young. You think he could forgive me for what I did?"

"I'm not sure, but if I were the son...It would take sometime, but nothing is better than meeting your parents for the first time."

"You won't be angry?"

"I probably will, but besides that, I will be very grateful more than anything else."

Dave was silent for a few seconds.

"Let's sit over there." He pointed to a isolated bench from the festival and I just hummed in response. "You're amazing."

"Why so?" I raised a brow.

"Forgiving people easily like that...I couldn't even forgive myself even up till now."

"I doubt your son will like that." I slipped my hand inside my pocket and fiddled with the ring.