Epilogue

6 Years Later:

Adeline

                “Mommy, why can’t I go hunting with Father?” my six year old son complained.

                “Because you are six, Macon,” I replied picking him up, “there is no place in the Forest of Marr for six year olds.”

                Josh walked in with his hunting gear already on, carrying our four year old daughter Sera.

                “Don’t worry buddy,” he said as I put Macon down so he could rush to his father, “you’ll go on plenty of hunts once you begin your training.”

                He handed me little Sera and kissed me on the cheek.  Sera’s eyes opened and she looked up at me with her emerald green eyes.  That was what she ‘inherited’ from Josh.  She had my curly hair brown hair which was just beginning to grow to her shoulders.

                Macon on the other hand resembled a miniature Josh but with my sapphire blue eyes.

                “Yeah but when I’m ten,” Macon said.

                Alice came parading into the room.  At 13 years old she was the youngest royal advisor Air Kingdom had ever seen, but I trusted her judgment with my life.

                “Addy, The Counsel of the Risen begins in an hour,” she informed me smoothing out her red advisor robes.

                “How about this Macon,” I said looking at him, “you can come to our meeting after I put your sister down for her nap.”

                “Okay,” he said rushing out of the throne room before we changed our minds.

                “Oh,” Alice said suddenly remembering something, “Estelle and King Arthur are here.”

                “Already?” I asked.

                “Yes,” she answered giggling, “they came for tea.”

                “Ugh, don’t they make enough of that over in Earth Kingdom,” I said laughing with her.

                “Apparently, not the kind that Estelle likes,” Alice called over her shoulder as she exited the room.

                I looked over at Josh who was staring at the window.  I set Sera’s sleeping form on the plush velvet cushions of my throne.

                “Thinking about King Felix?” I asked quietly coming next to him.

                He slipped his arm around my waist, “No I was worrying about Miles.”

                “Miles is ruling Fire Kingdom perfectly,” I said knowing his worry over his scatter brained brother, “He has Selena watching his back.  Besides, you’ll see him during the hunt.”

                As a former Fire Kingdom warrior, Josh had a duty to go to the Midwinter hunt with the other Fire Kingdom warriors.

                “Ah Selena,” he said smiling down at me, “I assume she’ll have her hands full with him.”

                A couple years after Josh and my wedding, Miles worked up the nerve to propose to my sister Selena.  Apparently, they had been secret correspondents, even before Josh and I met.  Now they were the King and Queen of Fire Kingdom, our strongest allies.