One

I was so much in love with Daniel.

It was like the first thing i thought of when i went to bed at night and when i woke up in the morning.

Daniel was my everything. I loved him a lot. And he loved me too. We loved each other.

We met when we were both in college. My friend Joanna was dating his friend, Zed, so when we both visited their place during the holidays, i met Dan. We clicked instantly. It didnt take us any time to get close and start up something between us.

I would say, fate dropped Daniel on my lap. He was like something presented to me on a platter of gold. He was goodlooking, rich and caring. He had all the qualities a lady wanted in a gentleman. And yes, he was a gentleman. So he had all this bevy of beautiful and sophisticated girls running after him every minute of the day. But he only had eyes for me and i knew it was true. We had been dating for four years and our relationship was the only relationship i had ever been that i could actually see its future or a future with him.

Or so i thought.

Eight months ago, Daniel called and broke up with me.

At first, i thought it was a prank or something but then he sounded serious over the phone and after delivering his message of doom, he hung up on me. So i zoomed to his house so he could tell me that face-to-face, looking me in the eye.

Shockingly, he didnt want to see me. I waited for hours at his door but he didnt budge. Twice when i came to see him after that, he still refused to see me. Then he started avoiding me. He stopped talking to me entirely. He never called or texted.

I didnt want to give up on us before but then i knew it was totally over. Daniel was done with me, with us and with our relationship.

Weeks after that, and even now, i still had a hard time coming to terms with the fact that we had become strangers. I cried and almost lost my sanity. I kept wondering what i did wrong that warranted such hurt from someone i'd loved for four years.

I was never the same again.