Seven

I talked to Joanna about Dan that night.

"Okay, explain to me again why you are pushing Dan away", she said.

"I'm not. I dont just want to talk to him, that's all"

"Talking can do a lot, you know. Matthew and i didnt talk and that was what destroyed us"

I rolled my eyes. She was still distraught over her break up, so she refers to it at every given opportunity.

"It's of no use, Joan"

"Yes, i know talking can do a lot. Talking can also bring back ugly memories which i dont want to relive", i said, "God, Joan, you knew what we were before. We were so good and lovely. Everything was going so smoothly and he destroyed it"

"Let me get this straight. This guy dumped you months ago and vanished. Now he's back and ready to explain. Are you not curious about the reason he left so suddenly?"

"I am curious. But why else would he have done that if not for the fact that, he probably didnt love me anymore?"

I really wanted to speak to Dan but hearing that he just got tired of the relationship was worse than not hearing it at all.

"There you go, making assumptions"

"Besides seeing him again is just torture"

"Celeste, put everything behind you and talk to him. It'll surprise you that you might feel lighter and more relieved", she told me and trudged to bed.