Six

Two days later, i was leaning on my car waiting for Nathan to emerge from the grocery supermarket. It was getting dark.

I didnt see the figure walking towards me until it was near enough. I thought it was Nathan but it was Daniel instead. Shocking.

I stood straight and knitted my eyesbrows. I felt unrest and anger at the same time. It was a angry-nervous kind of combo. I was fidgety about seeing him and speaking to him again, then still i was raging over how he treated me.

"Waiting for someone?"

"Yes. I am"

"It's been a while though. I was surprised to see you that night", he said, "you were with someone right? That guy?"

"Yes. He was right there. He didnt disappear or something", i replied pointedly.

He sighed and his shoulders drooped. I took one look at him and got really angry. There was like this boiling pot of larva inside me that was threatening to spill over.

"Celeste..."

"You know you are an asshole right? You are the worst person ever"

"You dont understand"

"Understand what? Why you just left without a trace? And the next minute, you come back and expect me to start acting like everything is okay and start speaking to you again like long lost friends?"

"It's not what you're thinking. There's more to it, i promise. Just let me explain"

I laughed "You know what Dan? I dont even need your explanation. You can shove it. It's of no use to me now. You've done what you did. Thank you"

He reached out to touch me.

"Dont! Just dont. Please stay away"

Nathan chose that moment to show up.

"What's going on here?"

"Nothing", i said and watched as Dan trotted away slowly, turning back to look at me.

In the car, Nathan turned to me and asked "Is he..."

"Yes, my ex i told you about"

I thought he was going to go all jealous on me but he simply put his hand atop mine "It's going to be okay"