Four

"I've had just one ex-girlfriend"

He sighed "I really loved her. It was like she was the one. I just knew it. I would do anything for her. We dated for three years or more. I was even making plans for us to get hitched"

"What happened?"

"She stopped talking to me suddenly. She didnt even do me the honors of officially breaking up. She just left me hanging for months. The next time i heard from her, she was getting engaged"

"Oh my goodness"

"And she sent me an invitation"

His experience was definitely worse than mine.

"It crushed me. Made me wonder if all the years we'd been together was fake. It made me wonder if she really loved me. I felt like a fool. It took me a really long time to get over her"

"I'm so sorry"

"So i know what it feels like to be hurt. Everyone has had their fair share of heartbreaks at one point or the other. It just takes a really long time to get over it. So i understand if you're not over him yet"

He was so understanding. This guy didnt deserve me. He didnt deserve someone that would use him as a rebound.

"Thank you so much Nathan. For understanding"

He smiled his killer smile at me. I smiled back.

Awkward. "Errr, let me go over and order our desserts", i said standing up.

I went over to the counter and ordered coleslaw and some fruit salad. Their service was slow so i waited for like two minutes.

The front door swooshed open and this tall guy walked in, wearing a hoodie and a cap that obsured his eyes a little. I wasnt supposed to be ogling another guy while i'm here with my boyfriend but i couldnt help it. I turned back towards the counter. My order was ready.

"Excuse me ma'am"

I turned. It was the tall guy standing behind me. But that wasnt what made me turn. It was his voice. It sounded familiar.

He gasped. Looked like we both knew each other.

And removed his hoodie.

I gasped and my phone that i grasped in my hand fell.

It was Daniel.