7: I Love You In The Same Way There's A Chapel In A Hospital

"I'm officially a Satanist now." I announced in quite possibly the most casual manner I could muster as I waltzed into the living room, catching the attention of both Gerard and my mother, who took the opportunity to glance up at me in a perplexed manner.

"What?" My mum's voice perked up, her eyebrows raised, as I assumed she would be considering the confusion that would no doubt ensue the words that just left my slightly ajar lips.

"I passed - I passed the exam." Gerard choked on his coffee, the steaming cup tilting slightly as his attention left his hand to cater to his caffeine flooded windpipe. Fortunately, the majority of the coffee remained inside the mug and mum was far too focused upon the grin that began to overtake my face like a vicious grasp of ivy to notice the splash coffee that was now sinking into the sofa.

"That's great, Mikey!" She grinned at me, glad that she actually had some reason to be proud of at least one of her sons for. Right now, I could become a heroin dealer who prostitutes on the side, but to her I'd still be her son who's a heroin dealer who prostitutes on the side with an English degree.

Gerard however was disinterested in her praise towards me, which was probably something to do with the fact that he's a jealous little shit. He looked at the coffee stain momentarily, pulling his face out into an elongated, regretful grin that literally screamed out 'oh shit', after a few seconds he shrugged it off entirely and decided it adequate to simply cover the stain, which was darkening in colour by the moment, with a cushion and simply hope no one noticed.

"You're fucking kidding me?" He exclaimed as he turned back to me, his eyes obnoxiously avoiding the sofa as he tried his best to remove the stain from existence simply with the power of his mind; it wasn't working.

"Gerard!" Mum rolled her eyes, but Gerard was paying the least of attention; he hadn't seen Frank for two days so he was restless as shit, which was kind of explainable, but that didn't affect the fact that it was still fucking downright irritating.

"I'm proud of you, Mikey. I told you that you could pass if you tried hard enough, huh?" She winked at me and it was my turn to roll my eyes. Everyone in this fucking family was stupidly competitive, but at least she was nowhere near quite as unbearable as Gerard. No one was quite as annoying as Gerard; Ryan Ross was close, but still far, far off when he was faced with Gerard.

It seems Frank has a thing for assholes with far too much eyeliner, a bad dress sense, a caffeine addiction, and a generally unbearable personality. The little guy does confuse me, that's for sure.

"He's lying, come on!" Gerard raised his eyebrows at me, his constant and weirdly sustainable disbelief in both my general and academic ability was disheartening to say the least, but then again Gerard was a jealous bastard that barely left the basement for anyone other than his boyfriend, so I guess this just comes naturally to him.

"No, dude. I passed - legitimately, as well. I didn't even cheat- well once, my eyes may have wandered but it was entirely coincidental that they had answered the exact question I was stuck on at that moment in time, but other than that, yeah - I passed." I couldn't quite believe it myself and really the words were only just sinking in as I said them.

"Pete will be disappointed." Gerard noted, the corners of his mouth twitching suspiciously into what I wouldn't be surprised to see would be a grin, but what he would be grinning about, I hadn't a clue, which when it came to Gerard was most definitely a bad thing.

"Less time for sex." No, Gerard go ahead and say that like it's nothing and our fucking mother isn't just in the room, in this conversation, sat barely a metre away from that mouth of yours, which those goddamn fucking cocky shithead words are departing from.