10: Till Tonight Do Us Part

"What's the fucking point?" His words lashed out at me as if each syllable was laced with a dozen tiny whips, all poisoned and aimed in none other than my direction.

"Pete, please-" I begged in response, hoping my boyfriend would somehow manage to see sense amidst his disillusioned head, but considering both his current and general state of stubbornness, I really doubted that would be the case.

"Fuck off, Mikey - fuck off." He didn't even meet my gaze, before turning away from me without another word.

I inhaled a gust of fresh air as I watched Pete storm off into the woods - the rational part of me was simply assuring my fast paced heartbeat that my boyfriend was simply in need of some time to himself and that I should just leave him be, unfortunately, I was never really that much off a rational person.

I found myself wondering as both to how and why we'd ever ended up in a situation like this - it just felt kind of fairy-tale at the moment, and there was still this childish hope at that back of my mind that I could just click my fingers and this whole world would somehow disappear, bringing me back into a reality that was so much more plausible- well, in my mind anyway.

A reality where I was still a virgin and I'd never met Pete Wentz- and... yeah maybe I'd rather not click my fingers, after all. Dear god, I am just pathetic.

"Pete!" I let out a sigh before I called after him, leaves crunching underfoot as I picked up my pace into a brisk jog in hopes of catching up with my unfortunately temperamental boyfriend. He was kind of like a toddler mid tantrum, deserting his 'mother'- had I just referred to myself as my own boyfriend's mother... well that got weird far too quickly.

"Fuck off-" He called after me, noticing my increase in pace and the rapidly diminishing distance between us. I concluded that he was in fact quite far from being my child as I really hoped that toddlers weren't quite as closely acquainted with the word 'fuck' as Pete was.

I grabbed him by the shoulder, pulling him back around to face me and holding him securely within my grasp. Pete struggled of course, and I knew by now that he was stronger than me, meaning I had to get my words out and convince him not to kill me within the next ten seconds or so. Which would be easier said than done, of course. It, however, was in no way going to stop me from trying though.

"I said fuck-" he repeated himself, only for me to butt in before he could protest once again, as he would do, being Pete Wentz, of course.

"I'm saying you're being irrational and kind of dumb actually." I met his eyes, praying I hadn't somehow managed to have offended him - thankfully, I hadn't. Pete seemed to have very high defence walls when it came to insults, but I guessed he had to in order not to be hypocritical considering the shit he comes out with.

"I'm going to die, Mikes, how the fuck does it matter?" The words hit me like a tidal wave of course, making me stop for a second and just wonder how the fuck Pete could just come out with this shit, just talk about it as if it was the expected- except, he hadn't at all accepted it all, and somehow in the mess up head of his, this was his way of doing so.

"It matters because I still fucking care- somehow despite this arrogant cock you're being I still give a hella of a damn about your pissy little ass-" My insults were really not at all up to scratch, causing an unexpected grin to break Pete's walls down within a mere instant and for our eyes to meet in an unspoken sign of peace.

"You love my ass though." His grin widened into a smirk as he took a step forward, bridging the gap between us like it had never even been there; the two of us in some unspoken and somehow mutual contract signifying that we really just couldn't live without one another.