Shadow Travel

I woke up to see that I was still in the pit. The boy, Nico, sat there, his head resting on the skeleton's shoulder. He was still sound asleep. I sighed. The sun wasn't that high yet so I knew it was still morning, around 7 or 8 am. I used my feet to gently nudge Nico. He didn't budge. I nudged him again, this time, with more force. He groaned and sat up straight. Nico rubbed his eyes and looked around. He seemed to come to his senses and remember what happened.

"So...... You said something about getting me out of here?" I politely asked, ignoring my terrible breath and my sore body that has sat and crouched around. The sun wasn't that bright so I could cope with it.

"Uh..... that's right," he became more aware and stood up. I stood up as well, but not before stumbling on the way.

"So how are we gonna get out? The way you came in?" I asked, amused. We'll see how he handles this. My belly growled for food and my throat screamed for water. I ignored them.

"That's right. Take my hand," he gave me his hand for me to grab on. I took it. He pulled me straight under a shadow, big enough for the both of us to stand under.

"Hold on," was all he said as darkness wrapped around us. The darkness kept engulfing us until we were in total darkness. I love it. I find it so comforting. I didn't even care that this might be a trap or maybe this was sorcery. The silence, the coolness, the careless thoughts and actions. I thought of my father and the small apartment we live in. The apartment I've always had. I miss the smell of it, the sight of it, the different warmth it gave than the dark. I closed my eyes and pictured it, loving the strange way I was floating in the dark. That is, I was still holding onto Nico's hand.

Just then, I felt something pull me down. My feet touched ground. We stumbled forward. I felt a little dizzy and stumbled around before my eyes cleared. I recognized my surroundings. I was under a tree. It was afternoon and in front of me was the building of my apartment. My home. I realized I was still holding onto Nico and quickly let go. He was staring at the building, dumb-founded.

"I-I didn't faint. Or even the least bit dizzy and...... this is definitely not Camp Half-Blood," he muttered. What is Camp Half-Blood?

"Unless......," he turned to look at me. "You know this place?"

"Yep, this is my home," I answered. I needed to thank him, because it was him who brought me here, right?

"Well, thank-," before I could continue, he interrupted me.

"We have to go."

"Why?"

He looked around, "Monsters."

"What?" I asked, confused.

He grabbed my hand and said this before we were once again engulfed in the darkness, "Don't think of anything while we're in there."

His voice startled me and caught there for a second. Inside, I tried not to think of anything, but still. To distract myself, I looked over at Nico, who has his eyes closed, concentrating. Anyone at first glance or even forever would've thought his style and choices were creepy and colorless. But after spending some time with him, I find him quite enjoyable and likable. His style suits his personality well. He was a nice guy, he didn't hurt me.

I snapped out of the 'Nico trance' just as the familiar pull came and our feet touched ground, or should I say, grass. The darkness melted away. Nico stumbled and leaned on a big tree we were under. I looked around. We were on a grassy hill. On one side I could see a road, on the other end, I could see a big cabin and faintly make out other smaller cabins. There was a strawberry field. People walked around, doing their own stuff. What wierded me out was that most of these people were wearing armors. Was this a military camp? A wooden sign stood at the entrance near the big tree we were standing near, it read, 'Camp Half-Blood'. So was this the camp Nico was talking about? Why would he send me to a military camp? This made no sense.