Prophecy

Wander alone, a child of Night

Courage, faith, knowledge, it takes to fight

On the night of the full moon, the sly spawn

Shall awaken along with hundreds other mystics

And bring back the harmony through dawn

Spread Her wings from the mental cage

Force, conquer, and restart with Her rage

The owl will fall as it stands 

The Hunter and the twins join hands

The sins will stain, gods to blame

The world will dim altogether

Myths of the Night gather

Lives and fates at stake

Arise the son and father for all sake

The prison loose, the rise of the jailer

With trickery and blood, it ends in failure

Vanessa's POV:

It ends in failure....... 

When we found Rachel, the Oracle, she was sitting in front of my cabin, far enough to not get engulfed in the darkness. Sitting on her knees, facing the cabin, her eyes were shining fully green and white wisps were traveling out of her hanging mouth. She stood when we reached her, and faced us. It seemed as if she was not looking at us but into a far off place. 

Then, a deep, unrecognizable voice from inside her spoke. Rachel's lips weren't moving but someone was still speaking. To tell you the truth, it freaked me out! I was staring at her, eyes nearly bulging out of my sockets and my body went stiff. 

After the voice finished speaking and the green light from her eyes dissipated along with the wisps. Her body went limp and she fell into our arms. I realized that I was still holding my breath and let it go. 

"It ends in failure..... What ends in failure?" Nico muttered, his mind in a faze as we walked towards the Big House, carrying Rachel. It was clear we were thinking the same thoughts. What did the voice mean? It was a prophecy alright.

"The owl .... that sounds like Athena. But who are the twins? Apollo and Artemis? The twin giants? The child of Night, I believe its talking about you, Vanessa," Chiron said, stroking his brown streaked with some white beard. We were in the living room and we had recited the prophecy to him. We had laid Rachel on a couch in another room.

"What about the jailer and the prison? Or the four others? And the sins? What do you think that's about?" I asked.

Chiron shook his head as he had his brown eyes fixed on the horizon.

"But the next full moon is in less than a month," said Nico. 

"We shouldn't be trying to decipher the prophecy clearly anyway," Chiron reminded. We went quiet for the rest of the time we spent in the Big House. Nico and I left with a confused Rachel proceeded to dinner. At the dinner pavilion, we only filled Rachel in what had happened since Chiron said not to mention the prophecy to the campers for it'll frighten them.