Claimed

After a quick nap, a soothing shower, and a good cry, I changed into the orange Camp t-shirt a guy name Connor Stoll brought me. I stood somewhere near the left side of the cabin staring at the little space under me that belonged to me. Since Conner was the head of this cabin, he was going to help me around instead of Nico until my mom 'claims' me. Well, excuse me, I'm not an orphan. I don't need to sit around and wait for a mother that left me when I was merely an infant. I have a father to go back to.

Speaking of my dad, I wonder if he's alright. He definitely didn't seem alright in the iris message. He said something about Her. Whoever She is. Whatever the thing, it needs to wait. Besides, it doesn't seem like these people are willing to let me go or tell me anything.

"Hey, you ready?" a voice chased my thoughts away and brought me back to reality. It was that boy, Connor again. He was leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed. I must say, he was quite attractive with his curly brown hair and sparkling blue eyes that shone with mischief unlike Will's.

"You alright?" he asked, this time, concernly.

"Um.... yeah, sorry. Are we going somewhere?" I walked through the maze of sleeping bags and other stuff up next to him and blocked the rest of the doorway.

"Dinner is starting soon. Lets go," he said and lead outside. We walked past other teens. I wondered how many people attended this weird camp or if any mortal knew about this demigod camp. It was weird using those words and even weirder to know I was like these people. I kept following Connor while attracting many stares. The shy me from before resurfaced and I looked down. I was good with one-on-one combat but with so many eyes on me, made me remember the good old times with Velvet Nergal and her squad.

Jk, Velvet was my archnemisis. Actually, let me rephrase that. I am her archnemisis. Somehow, when someone hates you with all their heart, whatever you do can set them off. She loved, just loved to annoy me. Actually, not just annoy, she and her 'friends' tormented me for straight four years now. My dad had to constantly talk to the principal about the scratches and scars on me although nothing seemed to change since her daddy 'has very great connections with the school, most of the school's donations were by him'. I didn't tell my dad about it because he was dealing with his own problems like how to pay for our rent or our bills or even the food on our table. And where was my mom when me and my dad was struggling with life? That's right, I haven't really seen her shadow since she left 13 years ago.

Alright, enough with the past. Tonight, if she wants me, I might get 'claimed' and know who my godly mother is. For reals? I doubt it.

I took a small peek up at the people around me as we walked. I noticed something that nearly sent me over the edge. A guy with goat legs. You heard me correctly. I tapped Connor on the shoulder.

"That's the forest. We go in there on Fridays when we have Capture the Flag," he said, ignoring what I possibly have to say. I looked over and saw the forest he was talking about. It was dark as hell.

"You go in there?" I don't know what I expected or why I should be surprised anymore. Connor didn't answer me. We walked past a climbing wall with a red substance flowing down it which I don't even bother asking. We walked past a small view of a creek, which was the Euros Creek, Connor had said. I could see the coastline from there on. We kept walking as I admired the ocean. I don't know how I didn't notice but the sun was setting irregularly fast.

"What time is it, Connor?" I asked.

"About 6," he answered immediately. 6? The sun shouldn't be setting at 6 in New York! Especially during the summer! The thoughts were scattered when Connor suddenly stopped and I nearly walked straight into him. Thankfully, I stopped on time. I stepped up from behind Connor and saw what Connor told me was the dining pavilion. It was like a picnic area. There were already people there with plates of food. I noticed two teens laughing and flirting with each other. People joking and playing around. It seemed so.... normal for my eyes since I set foot here. There were empty plates and goblets on every table. There were also extra benches and tables on the side of the temple-like structure. There was a clear view of the ocean and the sunset from here.