Preference | You Make Up

Long chapter... Enjoy!

SHERLOCK || It had been weeks since you had left him and you weren't the only one struggling.

You were trying to power through and move on. It wasn't that easy though. Someone like Sherlock is hard to forget. Days and Nights spent cooped in your flat crying your eyes out and watching crime shows, knowing five minutes in, Sherlock would have told you it was the sister.

Sherlock, on the other hand, relapsed and began using very heavily. Mycroft had put cameras back in the flat. Mycroft knew it was bad when Sherlock made no effort to remove them.

Sherlock got worse and worse, Mycroft had to intervene, so he contacted/kidnapped you. He pulled up next to you in his car while you were walking down the street. He opened his door and you sighed.

"What is it Mycroft?" You huff, trying to act annoyed, but deep down you knew something was wrong.

"It's Sherlock." His said in his usual tone, but the unmistaken worry made you anxious. You nodded and slid into the car next to Mycroft. He mumbled something to the driver and the car lurched forward.

You arrived at your destination faster than you thought and you rushed out of the car. Mycroft wasn't far behind as you ran to the door and sprinted up the stairs. Both doors were closed. One of them was locked but the other felt like a weight was leaning against it. It had be Sherlock.

"Sherlock? Come on, love. Open the door." You say, pressing your ear to the door.

"Go away." A muffled voice replied.

"Mycroft, wait downstairs." Sherlock would never open the door if his brother was on the other side of it.

Mycroft sighs, white knuckling his umbrella. "Just help him" You nod quickly and turn back to the door as soon as the eldest brother was down the stairs.

"Please, Sherlock." You whisper. 

A thump could be heard on the other side of the door. Then the door opened just a crack. You pushed it open just in time to see Sherlock slump down into his chair.

He looked absolutely terrible.

"Oh Sherlock." You sniffled as you walked forward.

He wasn't looking at you. His palm was pressed to his forehead, eyes closed. You sniffled, tears flowing down your cheeks. Then you lurched forward, jumping on him and wrapping your arms around his neck.

Sherlock flinched, not expecting you to jump on him like that but he wrapped his arms around you slowly. You held him tighter.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. His voice hoarse.

"You're forgiven. Just promise me you'll stop. Please, just stop." You plead.

"Anything." He says, pulling you closer.

After a few moments of embracing each other, Sherlock speaks again. "Stay with me."

"Of course." You smile.

JOHN || You still felt hurt after leaving John. You had lost all your trust in men. Went weeks thinking it was your fault. Then the calls and texts began flooding in.

From Sherlock. From John. Even a few from Lestrade and Mycroft. It almost got to the point that you actually considered changing your number. But you thought against it, Sherlock would find a way to get anyways.

While trying to find some peace you hole yourself up in a booth at your favorite cafe. Your favorite book is laying open on the table. You have your favorite drink warming your hand as you sip and read. Phone on silent, screen down on the table. You glance at it every once in a while to watch it vibrate, then you roll your eyes and continue reading.