🔎Chapter 5🔍

Chapter 5

                    Nightmares

🔎🔍

Dean and Sam entered 221B once again, more research in their hands for John and Sherlock. It had been three days since the small family had come to London and nothing remotely suspicious had happened since then. It felt like the calm before the storm.

(Y/n) had been spending more time at Baker Street with John and Sherlock, finding comfort with them, they were weird like her and her family, she could connect with them. She met Mary the day before, both of them immediately went well together. They discussed a manor of different topics, glad to have another girl to talk to.

(Y/n) had actually spent the night before with Sherlock and John, bringing a change of clothes for the occasion. Her reasoning being that Sherlock would have been notified before them about something coming up, so this way she could tell Sam and Dean if something came up and they would arrive at the scene sooner.

"I'm telling you Sammy, there is absolutely no way-"

Dean was cut of by the consulting detective shushing him from the living room of the apartment. Sam and Dean shared a look, taking of their jackets and walking to see why Sherlock wanted it quiet, he had done it before, but he was playing the violin when he did, this time everything was silent.

Sam and Dean stopped in the doorway of the living room, smiling softly at what they saw. (Y/n) was sleeping peacefully, curled up on the main couch with a blanket draped over her figure. She looked more peaceful now than she did when she was awake.

"She hasn't slept in nearly two days," Sherlock mumbled, joining the brothers in the doorway, "You can see the dark circles under her eyes and the sluggishness in her movement. She needs her sleep."

"What's keeping her awake? We always get at least four hours," Dean wondered quietly.

"Nightmares," Sherlock said surely, "I don't what they're about, but they keep her awake. Earlier today she got a bad migraine, she said she saw a few images she didn't remember. Is that common in your family?"

"With me," Sam whispered, "But only when I get visions, she doesn't get those."

"Are you sure?" Dean questioningly mumbled, "We have no idea what that demon blood could have done to her."

"Both of our powers showed up at the same time, along with pretty much everyone else, it was the pattern."

"Not everyone followed the pattern Sammy."

A gut wrenching pain spread through (Y/n), she let out a shriek, struggling against the bonds that held her down.

"I'm helping you (Y/n), trust me." A voice hissed quietly, "You're my friend, I would never hurt you. Now, go again."

"You...You aren't human, your eyes flash black, I don't know what you are. You're trying to help, train me, make me stronger. But I don't need, why are you doing this?"

"Good job (Y/n), you're getting better. I was right to chose you."

"Chose me for what?"

"Great things."

(Y/n) shot up with a loud scream, still feeling the pain inflicted on her in the dream. Sam and Dean were at her side in a second, Dean grabbing her hands, Sam hugging her from the side.

"It's okay (Y/n), you're okay," Sam reassured.

"Was it a hunt?" Dean asked. (Y/n) shook her head.

"This woman was torturing me, but she said it was making me stronger. She was a demon. It felt so real."

"You're here Sis, not there. It wasn't real," Sam kissed (Y/n)'s forehead.

"I don't want to sleep anymore."

"(Y/n), you need your four hours," Dean ordered.

"I got two," (Y/n) rubbed her eyes, "I'll take a nap later."

Everyone knew she was lying. While sleep was hard to achieve as a hunter, with the PTSD and late night hunting, it was still essential for the job. On a good day the Winchester got seven hours, on a bad three. (Y/n) had slept around two hours within the past two days.

"Tea?" She suddenly asked, getting up off the couch.

"Since when do you drink tea?" Sam questioned.

"We don't serve a lot of coffee here," Sherlock explained, waiting for (Y/n) to leave the room before turning to her brothers, "She needs more sleep, I can help with that."

"What are you going to do, drug her?" Dean chuckled.

"We'll put it in her tea," Sherlock nodded, not seeming to realize Dean was being sarcastic. He walked out of the room and returning with a glass of a foreign liquid.

"We aren't drugging my twin," Sam whisper-shouted.

"She needs sleep Sammy," Dean said lowly, "She won't be any help on the case if she's falling asleep while we're fighting."

"Dean, you're actually agreeing with drugging your little sister!"

"You two need to learn to like tea," (Y/n) entered the room, a tray of tea in her hands, "It's supposed to be better for you than coffee. Oh, and Sherlock, Mrs. Hudson told me to tell you that she's not going to make tea for you anymore. Landlady, not housekeeper."

She set the tray down, bending down to pick up the blanket she was using. Sherlock took the chance and put a few drops of the liquid into the cup of tea closest to (Y/n) on the tray. The one he deduced she was most likely to use.

(Y/n) stood up and grabbed the cup of tea. Everybody watched in silent anticipation as she took a sip of the steaming beverage.

"What?" She asked, noticing their stares.

"Nothing," Sherlock calmly picked up his cup of tea. Sam and Dean shared a concerned look, did Sherlock do this everyday?

(Y/n) set down her cup, leaning back against the couch, within a few seconds her head fell back, her eyes closing.

Sam moved her to a laying position, draping the blanket she picked up over her sleeping form.

"We're dead if she finds out, aren't we?"

"Oh yeah."