🔎Chapter 17🔍

🔎🔍

🔎🔍

(Y/n) slowly came into a burst of consciousness through hearing, no matter how hard she tried

"Can't you call someone? Use any angel juice you have?"

"I already have Dean, if I hadn't she would still be dead. I will see if Anna is available, but she may be busy assisting the others with Lucifer. We have discovered a way to contain him without the fight."

"Well now me or Sammy doesn't have to die but we want every Winchester!"

"With Lucifer gone we can go back home..."

(Y/n) faded out of consciousness again. Did she want to go back to America? She was willing to die to stop the fighting, was it really over? Was she really dying? Did she still want to die?

"Very few people aren't afraid of what come after death," a wise voice said, "Even the man who raises a gun to his head fears what comes after he pulls the trigger."

"Death?" (Y/n) questioned, turning around to face the form that had appeared in her mind, "So I'm really dying then."

"Oh no, I've come to let you make that choice."

"Since when do you let people choose if they want to live or not?"

"Have you ever heard of the Beadle Bard tale of the three brothers?" Death asked, ignoring the question.

"From Harry Potter?" (Y/n) said slowly.

"Where do you think the author got it from? There were once three siblings who outsmarted me, but the truth to the story is changed. The oldest brother asked for a gun to kill any."

"The colt?"

"No mere man could make a gun like that. Yet it was that very gun that took his life. That brother, well, that's Dean. Yearning for the ability to kill anything without a struggle. The second brother asked to bring back his lover from the dead. He struck a deal. That, is Sam, the one who wishes for Jessica to come back. The third, youngest, a sister, asked to hide from death, and greeted him like an old friend. You have never died, unlike your brothers, but you were ready. And here we are, talking like friends, and you aren't afraid.

"What does this have to do with anything?"

"The world owes much to you. You've made my job easier, also. For that, I give you your choice. Answer this question. Are you truly ready?"

(Y/n) thought about the two sides. Death, peace, calm, heaven, Cas would still be there, and her Mom. Life, Dean, Sam, Mary, John...Sherlock.

"No."Death smiled, "Then I will greet you as an old friend when you are truly ready."

"...I thought I would never feel the sentiment John feels for Mary until I met you. You are my weakness (Y/n). And while I regret letting myself fall in love with you...It's more of a thrill than any drug."

"You love me?"

(Y/n)'s voice was crackly and hoarse, but she was speaking nonetheless. Sherlock looked up in surprise. He stood up quickly, knocking his chair over in the process.

"What is it, what's wrong?" Team Free Will ran into the room, ready for a fight.

"(Y/n)," Sam realized his twin was awake, running to her side, "How are you, feeling okay?"

"Fine," (Y/n) mumbled, "Talked to Death, that was great. We talked about Harry Potter."

"That isn't the drugs talking," Sherlock said in disbelief, "She's keeping eye contact and her voice isn't slurring."

"Oh yeah no, we know Death," Dean shrugged, "He likes pizza."

"Before we continue with this can I get some water please?" (Y/n) asked with a roll of her eyes.

Sherlock grabbed the glass of water from her bedside table, handing it to (Y/n) and making sure she was able to holding it before stepping back.

"The gay angel has informed us that Lucifer has been detained."

Cas tilted his head in confusion at the name. Dean's hand went to his jacket where his gun was resting, tempted to pull it out and end the nicknames. Sam smirked, holding back a laugh at the two.

"Well I see you're awake," the doctor walked into the room, "A stab wound in the leg, nasty one too. Should be cleared within the next day or two now that you're up. Do you do any physically strenuous activities?"

(Y/n) shared a knowing look with the four in the room, before turning back to the doctor.

"I dance ballet," she said truthfully.

"Alright..." the doctor wrote that down on his clipboard. "Alright, a weekly checkup would cover it. If cleared, within the next two weeks you should be able to start putting more weight on that leg, and in a month you can start dancing again as physical therapy. Any questions, concerns, comments?" Everyone in the room shook their heads, "Alright, Mr. Holmes, you were covering for your wife?"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened to the size of perhaps dinner plates. Her mouth fell agape, her cheeks burning. Sherlock nodded, pulling out an insurance card. The doctor took it, leaving the room to run it through the system.

"What the hell was that?" (Y/n) hissed, pushing herself up in bed.

"Oh, no, no, no," Dean put his hands on her shoulders.

"It was Mycroft's term," Sherlock grumbled, "He's covering everything, so long as you are documented as my wife under the excuse that's how the insurance would work...I hate him."

"We're going home after John and Mary get married," Dean said with an air of finality, "We've stayed here for too long anyways."

Sam grabbed Dean by the arm, pulling him and Cas to the doorway of the room. They began to whisper argue, not so quietly.

"Your sister was stabbed Dean!"

"I know that, but the demons wanted us here in London, the sooner we get out the better, we can go back to America where-"

"Where what? Where we can drag her into hunting again? Didn't you hear Gabriel, she doesn't want to have this life Dean. But we keep pulling her back in."

"No, the life keeps pulling her back in. People know about us Sammy, the angels, demons, vampires, we can't leave this life. It'd be better that she comes and stays safe with us. We're a family, I can't lose her too..." The three glanced at (Y/n).

(Y/n) looked away from the two, trying to tune out the conversation.

"Idiots," Sherlock sighed, Cas looked between the two before disappearing, presumably to check in with Heaven. "Are you going to go back to America?"

"I don't know," (Y/n) sighed, "America is my home, it's where I grew up. But I like it here too. No monsters, besides the demons, but I don't think they'll bother us. There's you, and Mary, and John."

"You do realize this is your choice, correct?"

"I've never been good at making choices. Then again that stopped me from doing blood-drugs."

"I can't believe if what you're saying is the meds or if you're being serious."

"Oh come on Sherlock," (Y/n) gave a crooked smile, "You've seen me on drugs before. The tea?"

Sherlock froze slightly, "I don't know what you are talking about."

"Oh don't even. I'm like you Sherlock, I can tell the difference between tea and drugged tea."

Sam and Dean pulled apart from their arguing, Sam speaking up, "I told you it wasn't a good idea."