🔎Chapter 7🔍

🔎🔍

🔎🔍

A white dress stained in red.

A warehouse, abandoned, empty.

Candles in a circle, surrounding blood, demon blood.

All at once the candles blew out.

A man, the man with the key.

"Did you miss me?"

"You are meant for great things (Y/n)."

"A Winchester, how...Ironic."

The blood, the blood on the dress, it was (Y/n)'s blood. Lucifer stabbed her, it was spreading, staining the fabric. The pain, she could feel the pain, as if it was happening, over and over and over again.

"Stop!" (Y/n) screamed, shooting up on the couch. The blanket she was using was tangled on the floor, a layer of sweat had gathered on her brow, which she quickly wiped off.

The nightmare felt too real, like it was actually happening. From the pain of the knife, to the chill of the warehouse air. (Y/n) was actually there, it was actually happening to her, but it never did. It was like one of Sam's visions, but she had never had one before, she wasn't supposed to have them. Their abilities showed up years ago, why would she be getting another one now?

"(Y/n)?" Sherlock stepped out of his room, bottle of holy water and gun in hand.

"I'm sorry Sherlock," (Y/n) mumbled, rubbing her eyes, "I-It was just a nightmare."

"Right," he set the holy water and gun down on the coffee table, "Would you like to talk about it? I have heard that it can be therapeutic."

"Sure," she moved over so Sherlock could sit down next to her, "It felt so real, I was in this warehouse, and Lucifer was there, there were candles, it was like a ritual. There was this girl there, I feel like I know her. Then, I was stabbed, it felt like it was repeating itself, it happened over, and over-"

She cut herself off, closing her eyes tightly. She was a hunter, she was used to pain, trauma. But something about this was different, strange, real.

"There there," Sherlock mumbled, pulling (Y/n) closer and patting her head twice. She held back a giggle, he had no idea how to deal with something like this. "Everything will be alright."

"Everyone says that," she sniffled, "They say that when something bad is going to happen. I feel like something bad is going to happen Sherlock, I can feel it, I think I saw it. What are we going to do?"

"What we always do, we're going to fight through it, and deduce, and not be idiots."

She let out a quiet laugh, leaning her head against his shoulder. He tensed up, before slowly relaxing a bit, a few of the muscles in his shoulder were still tense and clenched, he was keeping his guard up. Even though both of them were in their pajamas.

"Do you ever get nightmares?" (Y/n) asked.

"Rarely," he whispered, "I lock the bad ones away in my mind palace."

"Okay..." she nodded slowly, mind palace, that was new.

"I was reviewing some of the murders," Sherlock spoke up, "There's no pattern, I believe that the demons that are doing this, Alastair as you said, are doing it for attention. All of them were done in public places, with witnesses to see the black eyes and black smoke."

"Why would a demon do that? No one but hunters understand what that means," she pointed out.

"The demon wanted attention, wanted to be noticed by hunters."

"Demons never want to be noticed by hunters," (Y/n) scoffed, "Especially Alastair, my brothers have tortured him, and nearly killed him. He knows not to mess with us."

"But there is more than that demon here," Sherlock continued, "This is an operation, a conspiracy if you will."

"Right, more than Alastair. Perhaps he's taking orders from someone, the question here though, is who. In my vision, Lucifer was there. But Lucifer wouldn't be in London, he was released in the US."

"Perhaps he took a plane here," Sherlock suggested. The idea of the devil himself riding in a plane brought a smile to my face.

"We'll have to wait for Cas to get back before we find out." (Y/n) sighed.

"Right, the angel. The one that invades your brother's personal space and undresses him with his eyes?"

"That's the one," she nodded, "Cas was never really one to know how to act like a normal human. Still isn't, but Dean, apparently, likes the weird ones, that aren't human."

"And your twin, Seth..."

"Sam," she corrected, "Straight, I'm pretty sure, there is an archangel named Gabriel, might be an exception."

"When did you and Se-Sam get your powers?"

"A few years ago, on our...twenty third birthday I think. To celebrate we found out we could kill demons without a ritual and Sammy could see the future."

"Do you believe you can see into the future now?"

"You aren't even questioning what I can do, what happened to the pure logic Sherlock," she questioned teasingly.

"Well, he saw demons and met an angel, so I believe I'm more open to this." He shrugged.

"To answer your question, I don't know. It felt real, and seemed like how Sam described it, but I can't be sure, and I hope I'm not seeing the future."

(Y/n) yawned, pulling up the blanket from the group, wrapping it clumsily around her - and partially around Sherlock - and leaned back against the couch, closing her eyes.

"Sweet dreams," she heard faintly.

~*~

"What am I supposed to do Sammy, let her sleep with him like that?"

"Dean, she needs this sleep, you know that."

"Yeah, but, does she have to be so close to him?"

"She's sleeping, she can't help it."

"Not sleeping," (Y/n) spoke up, "I doubt Sherlock is either."

"I woke up when they entered," Sherlock confirmed, "I just wanted to annoy them."

"You are lucky we need you on this case," Dean shook his head.

"Very lucky indeed it would seem. Are Sam and (Y/n) this protective over you and your boyfriend?"