🔎Chapter 8🔍

Chapter Eight

              Lucifer Has Arrived

🔎🔍

"John?" Sherlock called, look into John's room in the apartment, "Where has all of his things gone? Why are your things there?"

"He moved into a new place with Mary," (Y/n) looked up from her computer as Sherlock walked into the living room, "He gave me his room since I've been staying here instead of the motel."

"Why was I not told about this?" Sherlock asked.

"He wanted to see how long it would take for you to notice he was gone."

"I value John's input on cases, I noticed his absence."

"Sherlock, he moved out yesterday morning," (Y/n) sighed, shaking her head.

Sherlock shrugged, walking to the kitchen to check on one of his experiments. (Y/n) rolled her eyes, returning to her computer. Sam and Dean were supposed to be coming by to share what research they found within the hour, bringing the rest of her things with them since she was more officially staying at 221B.

"Would you like to help me research the emptying of the tear ducts after death?" Sherlock asked from the kitchen.

"I'd rather not see a dead body when I don't have to!" (Y/n) called back, keeping her eyes on her computer.

She was going over videos and pictures witnesses of the murders took. There was very clearly flashes of black eyes and black smoke from the murderer in the videos and pictures. In some, they even looked straight at the camera before leaving the body.

"They aren't going for something subtle, that's for sure," (Y/n) mumbled to herself.

"Perhaps, they wished to draw attention to their scene, to cause fear, or to cause a distraction," Sherlock suggested.

"Yeah, but a distraction for what? Any robberies on the day of the killings were small, petty thefts. And they were nowhere near the scene."

"What if, while the murders were happening, other demons were possessing other people?"

"Possibly." (Y/n) took the suggesting into consideration.

Sherlock sat down in his chair, going into The Sherlock position and zoning out soon after. (Y/n) sighed looking down at her computer once more. She clicked out of the evidence files and to the other tab she had opened. John's blog.

She had read through the cases Sherlock and John had been on plenty of times. John wrote both of themselves quite well, he wrote everyone they met quite well. Especially the arrogant side of Sherlock, something she was sure Sherlock disliked.

Sherlock's phone let out a loud ring. Sherlock stayed in his dazed state. (Y/n) looked at the caller ID 'Mycroft'. She picked it up and opened the flip phone, answering the call.

"You have reached Sherlock Holmes, to whom am I speaking?" She asked like a secretary would.

"Who is this?" Mycroft asked.

"Unimportant, please hold." She kicked the side of Sherlock's chair, bringing him out of his state, "It's your brother."

Sherlock rolled his eyes, taking the phone from me.

"Yes Mycroft I'm on the case. No I haven't solved it yet. You haven't either! The woman who answered...No she didn't-Goodbye!"

"Family trouble?" (Y/n) asked, Sherlock sent her a small glare and (Y/n) smirked, "You can't stay mad at me Mr. Holmes, I'm how you've stayed alive this long."

"Salt at the doorways and windowsills, small amount, thin, hidden by curtains and cracks between wood," Sherlock said quickly. "Mycroft believes he can solve the case before I can, and he thinks he's the smart one."

"All siblings try to outdo each other. Me, Sammy, and Dean compete. Heck, even Cas and the other angels-"

"I believe I know what is happening here," Cas appeared in front of (Y/n) and Sherlock.

"Speak of the devil," (Y/n) mumbled.

"Precisely," Cas nodded in (Y/n)'s direction, "Lucifer is here in London. There is a gala at Buckingham Palace tomorrow. You all will be there. We believe one of Lucifer's close demons will be there."

"Ooh, this is getting fun isn't it?" Sherlock smiled.

"Cas, you're talking about Buckingham Palace. There's no way we could get in," (Y/n) pointed out.

"You can with these," Cas waved his hand and six envelopes appeared on the coffee table, "One for each of you and John's fiance."

"Why would we bring Mary?" Dean questioned.

"She was once a highly trained assassin. Of course we are bringing Mary," Sherlock rolled his eyes, as if their reasoning for bringing Mary was obvious, "Why is Lucifer here in the first place?"

"We have reason to believe Lucifer is planning a ritual. One that is as ancient as angels themselves. The ritual of The True."

"The True?" (Y/n) frowned, "What does that mean?"

"The True is a being. They would have special powers as you and Sam have. Lucifer would have trained them to be more noticing of detail. This trait would help The True find Lucifer and stay away from harm."

"What is the meaning of this ritual?" Sherlock asked.

"God created the ritual to take out all of the unfallen angels. It was given to the first humans as a defense. If the angels ever all rebelled against Earth they would have a way to defend themselves. Lucifer will kill all those who haven't rebelled against Heaven will die. The True, is, in a sense, a bridge. They would have both demon and angel blood inside of them."

"Why would the True need to be part human?"

"Angels inhabit human bodies, they limit our power. The bridge would strip that power from an angel. The demons are looking for The True here. You must go to the gala, get the demon, and extract what they know from them, any leads on The True is what we need."