Chapter Eight

Lots of information and lots of OOC!! Enjoy!

.:.

"MATT!" Tom shouted as he made his way up the attic stairs. He could see from the ledge of the staircase that Matt was still was in his bed. He would've been still napping if Tom hadn't rudely interrupted his beauty sleep.

"Wha-- T...om?" Matt sleepily sat up, looking so out of place and confused.

"Get up. Now." Tom demanded, walking to the center of Matt's room.

"Erhmm... but my feet hurrrt!" Matt whined, kicking his legs in slightly and crooning his head back. He looked like a fucking child.

"I said -- Now!" Tom walked to Matt and pulled on his legs, bringing Matt to the floor and almost injuring him.

"TOM!! WHY WOULD YOU--"

"No! You're going to shut it and listen to me because I'm freaking out!" Tom was never one to show weakness, or get physical with his friends, but he was so distressed that it was painfully obvious in his tone of voice. He sounded scared, hurt, angry, and sad all at once. "I need help and I need you and you have to help me or... or I don't know! I'll tell Edd!"

Matt sat there, completely flabbergasted at this new display of emotions that was so out of the norm for Tom.

"What... would you tell Edd?" Matt asked.

Truth is, Tom didn't really know. He just wanted everything to go his way at this very moment and he was willing to show emotions that he's never shown before. He feels like he's going insane almost. Why is he acting hysterical?

"That's beside the point." Tom growled. "Point is, I need you to tell me the truth."

"Okay."

"Okay, then spill. What was that mess yesterday?"

"Uhm...." Matt went to sit on the floor comfortably, folding his legs over the other and looking up at Tom, "You choked and passed out and woke up and you had a therapy session with Tord and went to your room and I came in there and you kicked me out."

"Go to when you came into my room. What was that whole thing about a disease?"

"Oh!" Matt looked surprised that he didn't get what Tom meant until now, but then his expression changed to one of sadness and sorrow, "About that... I'm sorry. I'm just trying to look after--"

"Matt." Tom cut the ginger off, "I know Tord put you up to it. I just want to know why you did it. Did he threaten you?" Tom had prepared himself to give Tord a world of pain if he heard that he did, in fact, threaten Matt to prank Tom into believing some dumb disease that could or could not be real.

"What? Oh!! Oh no! No-no-no! Tord has nothing to do with it!" Matt raised his hands in a surrender motion and shook his head, "Well... actually he kind of does, but not really?" Matt looked off and stared in contemplation, scratching his chin.

"What does that mean?" Tom narrowed his eyebrows, still unconvinced that Tord is innocent.

"Well... like I said before, you're in love with Tor--"

"Stop it. I'm trying to have a serious talk."

"So am I! I'm serious!"

"No. you're not. You're telling me lies and disgusting things. I want the truth."

Matt was about to answer, but then stopped himself. He looked at Tom, as if searching for something in his eyeless sockets. There was a moment of silence where they both stared at each other, waiting for the other to speak up.