Chapter Seventeen

Tom has devised a plan.

It's funny how easy it is to make plans when there's barely any noise; Edd running errands, Matt being in his room, and Tord doing something that Tom hasn't concerned himself with.

The plan is also very simple.

The moment Edd came back after dropping Tord off, Tom had casually walked up to him and asked about the mysterious red light in the Norwegian's room. Sure, he could've asked Matt, but it's better to assume that Edd knows more about it. And oh my god did he know so much.

Edd told him that Tord, the cocky bastard that acted as if the world was to its knees for him, had a fear of the dark.

A fear - a simple, small, little fear - of the dark.

It was almost too good to be true.

Tom couldn't even believe it. The jerk acts like such a hot shot, as if nothing ever bothers him, but now there's suddenly a new discovery of a fear that can easily be taken advantage of.

It's amazing.

Edd didn't tell Tom where the fear originated, mainly because he had no idea why he even had the fear. All he said was that Tord confined in Edd about this fear in their younger years. Ever since then, Tord will take in a nightlight at night to light up his room dimly to keep away the dark.

Tom would've laughed out loud, but Edd seemed to not be in a laughing mood, so the eyeless male chose to do his chuckling in private while devising this plan of his.

And the plan is perfect.

Love? Who needs love?

No one needs love when there is hate.

Which is why Tom has decided to scrap his old plan to woo Tord in favor of remodeling it into being: "Make Tord Hate Tom So Much That He Does Something Drastic But Not Too Drastic Because Tom Doesn't Want To Get Too Hurt But Hurt Enough To The Point Where Tord Is Kicked Out Of The House"

Shortened, the plan name would be:
"MTHTSMTHDSDBNTDBTDWTGTHBHETTPWTIKOOTH"

Or maybe the shortened name can be:
"Make Tord Get Kicked Out Of The House"

Whatever name that Tom chooses, the plan has been made and will soon be put into action tonight.

Tord had came back from the councilor's two hours after he had gone there, which held some red flags for Tom. He had no idea why Tord was putting himself through another agonizing session with that thot, but he chose not to worry too much about it. When he saw the red idiot walk through the front door, however, that's when he decided to put the plan into action tonight. Key word: (to)night.

When he talked to Edd, he was told that Tord was going to need to pick up painkillers from the drug store because it was his turn to buy them this week. Being in a house with a black out drunk who's enemies with a trigger happy bully has a perk of unlimited supplies of pain killers.

"We're going to need more of them, especially with Tord's right hand." Edd had said.

Tom didn't ask about what he meant by mentioning Tord's right hand, but he did think about it. Only a little.

Which brings Tom back to now.

The sky is dimly lit, the sun still having yet to fully set on the horizon. On the opposite side of the sun, stars are already starting to shine through the deep blue color that makes the background for the clouds. The world is filled with colors of blue and pinks and yellows, but Tom doesn't care much for sunsets.