Chapter Twenty-Five

TW for small gore.

"Matt, it hurts so bad!"

"I know, I know. But you have to relax!"

"It hurts!"

"Tom, will you just lie down already?"

At this point in time, Tom probably had big, glistening tears rolling down his face. What first started off as a sore throat had evolution to a full-on pain that hurt to the point where he felt like he might be about ready to throw up blood. He felt suffocated, and the nervous beating of his heart definitely wasn't helping much.

"What's going on?" Tom is breathing a bit too heavily and his nostrils flare up in a painful manner every time he shuts his eyes and tries to conceal the pain within. He's finally tasting that metallic taste that's arising in the back of his throat. It hurts and he tries to swallow down the spit in his mouth, but it just ends up with even more of a metal taste.

Just half an hour ago, Tord and him had gone to the store to pick up Matt. When they got there, they expected a sad or angry reaction to have left him, but instead he looked surprised and had told them he didn't even realized that they left. After that, Tord made Tom sit in the back, with Matt sitting in the passenger seat and the red asshole, himself, driving them all home.

The whole ride, Tom kept coughing up a storm, and that was when it felt like a knife just shot up and got stuck in his throat. He choked a little, but concealed his pain good enough to where no one really noticed. The only phrase that was muttered in that long car ride was "Are you sick, Tom?" and it only came from Matt, who had noticed the whitening of the no-eyed's face as he realized how much pain his throat was in.

When they got home, the pain of standing up was unimaginable. Who knew that standing up could affect your throat? Either way, whether it hurt or not, Tom knew he had to persist.

He made sure to bare through the pain as much as he could, taking big and long steps to the front of the house while everyone else was unloading the groceries that Matt somehow managed to buy without getting in trouble.

When he finally made it inside, he knew that it was okay to let loose the painful feeling that was rising, so he showed his discomfort through his horrified face. He refused to go up and touch his neck, but he knew that was something going on with it.

He walked to his room and slammed the door hard, taking longer steps the bed, and then throwing himself on top of it.

Immediately, the pain expanded.

"FUCK!"

Tom could feel a sharp prick in his skin, feeling like it was almost from the inside and trying to come out. He wanted to scream and thrash around, but that would only bring more attention to himself. Besides, the fact that he screamed just seconds ago due to the pain was enough, because now he felt like his vocal cords might be shredded.

Tom couldn't handled the pain anymore, leaving his only resort of resolution to Matt.

Which brings them both to now.

Tom had called Matt using his phone, the easiest way to get someone to come without having to yell loudly and cause more attention and possibly more throat shredding. And due to this, Matt rushed in and took control of the situation. Locking the door after retrieving the many little things needed to take care of his friend, Matt had successfully gotten to Tom's room in the nick of time to stop him from doing something stupid.

Apparently that 'something stupid' was Tom standing up from his position on the bed.

He wasn't told that lying down would be a big factor for helping him get better, but now Tom was standing and Matt was yelling at him to lie back down.