♡11

My palms were flooded with sweat. I approached the door. Becky and I's door to be exact. It had been two days since the news got out and Becky called me. Finally, I knocked on the door.

My fiancé answered. After glimpsing at me, she went to close the door. "Becky!"My arm caught it. She slapped me. "Of all people! Him!"She seethed. Becky always hated Eugene because of how he treated everyone. "It w-was a mistake!"

We were both shocked at my words.

"I promise we didn't do...it."I told her the truth. "I'm so sorry Beck."I sobbed. She hugged me. "I know, we both have been away and busy with work. It's been tough on us. I know you don't actually love him."She said.

I loved Eugene. But, I know we couldn't be together. Small town boys and big CEO's weren't meant to be. The decision was final.

My phone buzzed.

"meet me at the office in twenty. We have important things to discuss. -Eugene"

"Becky?"I called her.

She was the living room converting the sofa into my bed for tonight.

"Yea?"

"I have an emergency meeting in twenty minutes."

"With...him?"She practically gagged.

"Yes, but everyone else to. Don't worry I'll stay away from him."I told her grabbing my briefcase. "Okay. I believe you."She nodded.

I ran out of the door in a hurry.