Chapter 17

Cover by Disneybaby900

Cameron followed Sharon into the cafe. It was a nice cafe. Not overly hipster - ish and not overly commercialised. A nice neighborhood cafe. There were round chairs scattered in the middle of the room and booths placed along the perimeter. At that time of the afternoon, there weren't many people and he saw that Gabriel was taking his break at the back of the cafe.

Sharon greeted him enthusiastically, going so far as to hug him. He knew Sharon was a friendly person and could almost let the hug slide by. What he cannot slide by is the fact that Gabriel was holding her longer than was necessary.

'Woah,' Logan said, taking a hold of his arm. He shot his friend a fierce look. They were standing beside the entrance, letting Sharon have her privacy. 'Let it go, man. It's just a hug. Don't tell me you've never held a woman longer than is appropriate before. Come on, Lucky.' Lucky was his nickname. Lucky because he can get any woman he set his eyes on. Plus Lucky because he had been lucky during the games soo far. Until now.

He growled but nodded. They watched the two of them converse. Sharon was laughing more than usual. She was freer with her touches, touching the man's hand, arm, shoulder. It must be the ice cream she just had. He was soo cutting her ice cream intake that night. He was able to withstand that but the straw that broke the camel's back was the arm thrown across her back. They had been talking and he had oh so casually swung his arm across her back. She hadn't done anything but he saw the brief look of discomfort.

He threw Logan's hold off him and strode towards them. He shot a hard look towards the scumbag and dragged Sharon towards his chest, wrapping his arm firmly around her waist. She paused and looked up at him. He gave her a forbidding look and she let it go.  She even offered him a bit of her ice cream. He accepted it and was gifted with the most beautiful smile.

'So, as I was saying before being rudely interrupted, can I have your number? Just so that it'll be easier for me if I have to go for any coffee runs,'she said. She was rubbing her bottom against his crotch. He didn't know whether it was deliberate or not but his lower region was responding.

'Well, wouldn't it be better if I give you the store's number?'Gabriel responded. He was staying well away from Sharon now that Cameron was there. He was even fidgeting with the pen in his hand. Cameron was inwardly satisfied but he arranged his face in his usual inscrutable expression.

'What if you're not in? Then who do I talk to?'

'I'll spread the word around and let them know to take your order,'Gabriel reassured her. She beamed at him. Gabriel went to get the number for her. She rubbed excitedly against him and felt his erection. She shot him a slightly scandalised look. Her eyes showed another emotion but it disappeared to fast. He vaguely believe it to be lust.

'Stop rubbing against me,'he breathed into her ear.

'I am not,'she shot back into his ear. He had bent down to talk to her and she could easily respond. He raised an eyebrow at her and he saw when she realised what she was doing. Her face turned red and she stopped. 'I'm sorry.'

'I didn't tell you to stop,'he breathed. She got even redder and hit him. She tried to move away from him but he pulled her back. 'I don't think you want everyone to know about this.'

'Cameron,'she squeaked but didn't pull against his restraint.

'What are the two of you talking about?'Logan asked as he neared them. 'Why is Sharon soo red?' She refused to look at him. Logan looked at him and his response was a shiteating smile. Logan got the message and looked at Sharon in amusement. 'What? You being stiffed, Sharon?' She shot him a glare and hit him while the both of them laughed. He rested his chin on her head and smiled. She was one naive and adorable chick.

  - --------@@@@@@----------

After the cafe incident, Sharon felt a bit awkward with Cameron but the awkwardness left after a few days. She didn't know why or how but she was able to let the incident go. She didn't want to admit, even to herself, that she had been responding to his bulge even as she  had scolded Cameron for it.

Work was fine, she was finally get into the groove of things and had to do less menial work. Cameron was happy when she reported this. She was happy he would stop trying to get her to quit. However her relationship with the girls in the office were still strained. They were just too artificial for her.

She was now under another woman. She was less of a slave driver and more of a mentor. She taught Sharon a lot of things, like client management, client profiling, how to get the job for the client and all that. However there was still some admin work to be done and that fell under her purview.

It was while she was returning some files to the file room that she heard Cameron and Matt arguing in one of the conference room. The door was slightly ajar and she saw Cameron, Matt and one of the office girls sitting at one end of the room and a projector at the other end. The screen was showing a picture of some man and his credentials at the side. When she read the slide, she realised they were talking about a physical therapist for Cameron.

'That is all the therapist that we can find that fits your requirements,'Matt said, his voice laced with frustration. His hair was messy, probably from his fingers. He looked ready to kill Cameron. 'He must be male, discreet, professional, extremely qualified with 5 year experience, must be able to accommodate Sharon's schedule. What else am I missing?'

'I don't know,'Cameron drawled. He looked very bored. She was sure he was just messing with Matt. 'They seem a bit cold.'

'You don't want to meet them. Of course they're cold,'Matt said through clenched teeth. 'We've been going through this list for the past week. Pick one already.'

'If I can cut in,'the girl said, 'I believe the fifth one would be most appropriate.' They ignored her.

Sharon had been enjoying the scene but when Matt was showing visible signs of frustration, she knew she had to come in. She decided to barge in and sat beside Cameron.

'Sharon,'he said gaily, throwing an arm around her. 'I was just about to look for you.'

'Well, unless you pick one, I will forever be unavailable to you,'she said lightly. His smile drop slightly. 'I heard. And if you don't pick one, I will. After Matt agrees to pay me with gelato, that is.'

'No, we agreed,'he snapped. She ignored him and just looked at Matt. He shot her an incredulous look. 'And don't even think about agreeing to this.'

'At this point, I'll agree to anything just to get you to pick someone,'Matt said exasperatedly. He nodded at her and she jumped up in excitement. This was the time to push him.

'Alright, show me all of them and I'll pick-'

'I want the second one,'Cameron barked as he dragged her into her chair. She shot him a smile. She knew that would be the impetus for him to finally announce his choice. He valued his control over her ice cream fetish too much. He had even forbade Logan from offering her more ice cream. So if Logan ever wanted to treat her coffee, it was strictly coffee. 'I've always meant to pick him but I just wanted to mess with you.'

'Well, I see that I need Sharon to be with me every time we discuss anything,'Matt sighed and shot her a grateful smile. Beyond him, the girl shot her a venomous look. Apparently, her relationship in the office was only going to worsen.

AN Hey guys. I have officially crossed the 100 mark for reads. Yay for me. Hope to cross the 40 mark for votes but no pressure.

I want to give a shout out to Disneybaby900 for her help with the cover. Without her, there will not be a new cover for this book.

Thanks for the support so far :)