Chapter 21

Sharon found that being in a relationship with Cameron didn't induce much change in their daily lives. He still woke her up at an ungodly hour to jog. She'd chuck any and every bedside paraphernalia she could get a hold of and rushed to the bathroom before he could retaliate. In the 3 weeks she'd been forced to jog, she had found it to be, dare she say it, more enjoyable. But she would swear that it was the very devil's invention. She was able to keep up with Cameron and was feeling soo proud of it. He'd send her an encouraging grin every time she pushed herself to keep abreast.

After their exercise, they'd head back to the apartment and prepare for their day. If time permitted, Sharon would cook but if Cameron was rushing, either for training, photo shoots, meetings or events, they'd grab breakfast at a diner near her office. Luckily, no one from the office dines there as it was a greasy, loud, heavily caffeinated place with no healthy alternative. However, that was not a frequent occurrence. Or they'd have a heart attack at 40. Over breakfast, they'd share what they were planning to do that day, he'd help her brush up her knowledge on football and any other sports as requested. She'd share silly anecdotes that she'd observed during and he'd give her a deadpan look.

Cameron would then accompany her to her office building. Since the distance was short, they'd spend it in silence. Sometimes, he'd mention some short snippets of information that she found irrelevant but she'd nod and smile. He knew that but that doesn't stop him. To quote him,'It might be important some day.' To which she'd just give him a dry look. And there, they would part ways.

The only difference was that they were more openly affectionate with each other. He'd hold her hand, sometimes wrap his arm around her shoulder. He'd shoot a glare to any man he perceived was ''checking her out''. She'd only laugh and snuggle against his side. Sometimes, she would initiate the hand holding, pulling his arm though hers. She wasn't confident enough to put her arm across his waist or be any more affectionate but, by the reassuring smile he sent her, she knew he was fine with what she was comfortable with. And she felt herself heal under his care. Her feelings for him grew with every passing day.

The only bump in their relationship was her company. They did not allow fraternising with the clients. Matt had to call her into the office to talk about it.

  - --------------@@@@@-------------

'Sharon, I hope you know why I've called you in today,'Matt said. She was lost. To her recollection, she had not done anything to warrant a talk with Matt, the big head. Her mentor, Karen, was satisfied with her work and had even allowed her to observe her appointments. Karen might be the only person in the office she had a quasi-friendship with. If the problem was about the other girls, she had not said anything about their antics so it couldn't be about them.

When she just kept looking at him, he sighed. 'I hope you know that consultants are not allowed to date any of the company's clients,'he said. She frowned. 'Sources have been telling me that you and Cameron have become chummier. Holding hands, wrapping arms around each other.'

'I didn't know about the policy. I- I- So you're telling me that if I want to continue dating Cameron, either I'll have to quit or Cameron'll have to find another agent?'she enquired slowly

'Usually, yes. But-'

'Then, I'll quit then,'she said decisively. She wasn't that attached to this job anyway, even though she was learning a lot on the job. She'd just have to suck it because Cameron was more important than any job. Hopefully he felt the same about her. She got up and continued her conversation. 'I'm giving my notice now. Well, my verbal notice. The official notice will be sent out as soon as I get back to my desk. If there is nothing-'

'No!'Matt butted in. She looked at him, bewildered. 'As I had been rudely interrupted, usually, I would expect you to quit. BUT Cameron will go ballistic if he finds out the reason. And he'll take it out on the company, me.'

'But you don't know for sure he'll take it out on you. If I tell him otherwise, he'll be forced to listen,'she argued. He shook his head firmly.

'I will not take that chance,'he replied sternly. 'I can only hope that this relationship will not get out of hand. You are dismissed.'

She didn't try to argue further. His tone was final and she knew he wouldn't budge. She just hopes Cameron wouldn't overreact when she told him this.

  - -----------------@@@@@@@@------------

Cameron watched Sharon run around the studio, delivering drinks and other stuff. She looked very frazzled that he was moved to help. He didn't like the way everyone was bossing her around. However, the only time he offered to help, she'd thrown him an acidic glare and shot her eyes to Matt. He was observing their interactions very closely. He'd even been heading their way when he'd offered his help. He scowled.

Dang Matt and his stupid company policy. It had changed their relationship slightly. Made her even more determined to separate her work and private life. He had been seeing red when she suggested no touching or anything couple-ish when they happened to work together. He'd wanted to break Matt for putting that bee in her bonnet. But when she'd explained her rationale,he'd relented but had shown his displeasure every chance he'd got. She'd just give him a look and he'd back down. Dang, another look to be immune to.

'Hey, Sharon.'

He'd been soo lost in his thoughts that he hadn't noticed Logan had made his way to him, bringing with him another of their team mate, Casey James. He's married and had 3 kids but he was a great friend of theirs. They'd gotten into all kinds of mischief when he had been single but their level of mischief had diminished over the time he'd been married. Sharon sent them a smile as she shot to another end of the studio. Even though the smile wasn't directed at him, he felt his day brighten slightly.

'Hey Case. I'm sure you wouldn't believe if I say that Cameron's attached,'Logan said having seen the look on Cameron's face. Cameron looked nonchalant but he was listening intently on their conversation.

'What? Lucky Cameron? Yeah right,'he snorted in disbelief. Cameron glared at him and he stepped back. 'What? You're saying it's true?'

'Maybe,'Logan drawled.

'But they'd brought it Amber specifically for him.'

He paled slightly. He and Amber had a purely sexual relationship. When he wanted some, he'd go to her. When she wanted some, she'd go to him. It had cut down the hassle of going to clubs to pick up any possibly disease-riddled girl for the night. And she was extremely aggressive. That had been exciting once but when faced with the prospect of his ex-hookup meeting his current girlfriend, it was an explosion waiting to happen.

'One of you switch with me,'he demanded. They recoiled, shaking their heads vigorously.

'No way, man,'Logan said. 'She may be so hot and wild and satisfying in the sack but she's the very devil to work with. To her, work is foreplay and she'll expect me to take her here and now in some closet just to get the edge off. I've moved way pass that phase in my life.'

'Plus, Jess would chop of my parts if I was seen, let alone photographed, with that witch,'Casey added. He placed an arm around Cameron's shoulder. 'For the sake of my manhood and future children, I think I'll pass. Anyway, if your girlfriend knows it's for work, she'll understand.'

Yeah, understand. ''I hope anyone could understand my situation,''he thought, knowing he looked sick. ''I hope she would understand.''

AN Hi guys. can I check whether I've given Cameron any nickname? I put his nickname here as 'Lucky Cameron' but I can't recall. Thanks.

hope you enjoy this chapter. let me know what you think know about it :)