5

Zak POV
Today is lockdown day. I can't wait for this lockdown. I really think that this one is going to be a good one. Jess and I have been pretty much texting non stop since I dropped her off last night. It's got my head spinning because I'm not the type of guy to fall for someone so fast. And I have to admit that I have fallen for her in this short amount of time. It's going to be hard to leave her. "Yo, Zak. You ready to go?" Aaron asks breaking me from my thoughts. "Uh, yeah. Let's load up." I say grabbing some of the equipment.

We pull up outside of Hill View and Jess is standing there waiting for us. "Is that Jess?" Nick asks slightly confused. "Yeah, she just dyed her hair black." "Wow. It looks good on her." He finishes. We all start to get out of the car and Nick and Aaron start unloading the equipment while I make my way to Jess. "You ready for this?" She asks when I get to her. "Yeah. We are all pretty excited." I say. I don't know why but I feel nervous. I silently let out a breath when Nick and Aaron walk up. "Jess, I'm digging the black hair." Aaron says as he starts setting up the exterior camera. "Do you want to join us tonight?" Nick asks with a smirk while looking at me. "I would love to. Are you sure it's ok?" Jess asks looking at me for approval. "It'll be fun. Can you handle the lockdown?"

Jess POV
"Can you handle the lockdown?" Zak asks me with a smirk. "Please. This will be a piece of cake." I say back with a wink. "I'm not scared." "In that case, let's get locked down." Zak says. I hand my keys to John as he walks up. "See ya at dawn." I say as I follow the guys inside. After we all give John the fist bump, he shuts and locks the door. We all decide to split up to set up the X cams. Zak and I head to the basement while Nick and Aaron head upstairs. "So do you really want to be locked down in here all night?" Zak asks as we are walking down the stairs. "I probably wouldn't have done this with anyone else, but I want to spend time with you so I'm happy to be here." I say as I take a chance and try to hold his hand. He almost instantly intertwined our fingers and we smile. I'm falling very hard and very fast for this man.

"Did you hear that?" Nick asks as we are all in the boiler room. "It sounds like moaning." Zak adds. "This is where the maintenance man died." I tell them. "Oh you're right. Wait....did you hear that? It sounds like someone is knocking on those pipes." Aaron says nervously. "I don't think he wants us down here." I say starting to get scared. I've never heard anything like this before. I start moving in the direction of Zak's voice and I feel something yank on my hair. I let out a little scream and then I see Zak turn his flashlight on. "What happened?" He asks running towards me. "Can we get out of here?" Once I make it back upstairs, Zak starts bounding me with questions. "Jess what happened?" He asks again. "I felt something like yank my hair. Almost like it was trying to pull it out of my head." Zak walks over to me and hugs me. "I'm not going back down there." I say sternly. "I wouldn't ask you to."

(The Next Day)
Today is the day that Zak leaves to go back to Vegas. I have no idea what's going to happen with us. Hell, there may not even be an us. I decide to get up and get ready and make my way to Zak's hotel. I only had about three hours of sleep but I have to see him. I get to the hotel and I make my way to Zak's room. I quietly knock on the door and I listen for him to start moving around. When he opens the door, I can tell that he just woke up. "I'm sorry if I woke you. I had to see you. I don't want you to leave." I say as fast as I can before he can interrupt me. "Jess, come in here." Zak says grabbing my hand and leading me in his room. "Look, I fell for you, and I fell fast. I have never felt for anyone the way I do for you. I don't want to leave you either but I have to. We can make this work no matter how far apart we are. I'm not letting you go." He says reassuringly. I can't even say anything back so I just crash my lips to his. When I pull away, we both have smiles on our faces. "Ok, as much as I don't want to, I have to go. I have to get to work and you guys are leaving for the airport soon. I'll see you soon and tell Nick and Aaron bye for me." I kiss him one more time before walking out the door.