17

Jess POV
I've been home with Lincoln for about a week. Zak had to go meet back up with Nick and Aaron to finish their latest investigation. He comes home tonight and will be home for the next 4 weeks, hopefully. I want Zak to spend a lot of time with Lincoln while he is home. Right now, I'm putting clean sheets in the bed while the baby takes a nap. Trying to clean with a baby has its challenges, but I love being a mother. I get a lot done when Lincoln sleeps. I'm hoping that he is awake when his daddy comes home. I hear my phone ding on the dresser, so I walk over to read the text. "Boarding the plane now. I'll be home soon baby." I read what Zak wrote and I smile. I still can't get over the fact that he comes home to me, and now Lincoln.

I hear the front door open and I get off the couch to greet Zak. "Welcome home handsome." "Hey baby." He says leaning down to kiss me. "What's wrong Zak?" I ask when I notice that he doesn't seem as happy as he normally is. "I don't want to talk about it right now. I just want to spend time with you and our son." Zak walks over and picks Lincoln up out of his swing and kisses his head. Zak comes and sits next to me on the couch. "Jess, you are amazing. You've been here the last week alone with a newborn baby. I honestly never imagined that I would have a girlfriend living with me, much less becoming a father. I love you so much." He starts digging around in his pocket, careful not to disturb Lincoln, and I'm looking at him confused. I see him pull a box out of his pocket and my hand goes over my mouth. "Jessica, will you marry me?"

Zak POV
"Jessica, will you marry me?" "Yes, I will." Jess says with tears in her eyes. She leans over and kisses me and then I slide the ring on her finger. "It's so beautiful. It's perfect." She says kissing me again. "Nick quit. He's gone." I blurt out, making Jess' eyes widen. "What happened?" "He wants his own show. He said it was no longer enough to work with Aaron and I." I tell her, putting Lincoln back in his swing. "You ok?" Jess asks, wrapping her arms around me. "I'm good. It's just going to be a big change and we have to adjust." I kiss her softly. "I'm sorry to ruin the moment, I just couldn't let that bother me anymore. I had planned a nice proposal but I couldn't wait any longer. I needed a happy moment." I tell her with a sad smile. "Zak, it's ok. I understand, and that was an amazing proposal. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I love you." "I love you too."

I wake up and it's a little after 2am. I lay here for awhile until I hear Lincoln start fussing. I quickly get out of bed before Jess wakes up. I walk into the nursery and pick him up, before walking to the kitchen to heat up his bottle. Once I get back into his nursery, I sit in the chair and start feeding him while I rock back and forth. "Little man, you and your mom saved me. I have no idea where I would be right now if it wasn't for you guys. I have settled down so much on investigations. I don't want to bring anything home with me that could hurt you. You guys are the best thing to ever happen to me." Lincoln finishes his bottle and quickly falls asleep. I put him back in his crib, before going to crawl back in bed with my angel.