6

Jess POV
I'm literally going insane with Zak being gone. Him and the guys left almost three weeks ago. Zak and I text and call each other all the time but it is not the same as being able to see him. Nick and I have been text back and forth some and he keeps telling me that Zak is acting like a lost puppy. Even said he is a little crankier too. I've decided to take a couple weeks off work and fly to Vegas while Zak is taking a vacation from filming. Nick is going to help me surprise him. I fly out tomorrow morning and he will pick me up from the airport. As I'm finishing my packing, my phone starts ringing. I get a goofy grin when I see that it's Zak. "Hey handsome." I say answering the phone. "Well hello there." Zak replies laughing. "I miss you." He adds sounding sad. "I miss you too. We will see each other in a couple months though." I tell him as I try to hide the smirk on my voice. "I know, I can't wait. Anyways, I know that it's late there so I just wanted to call and say good night." "Alright, good night. I'll talk to you tomorrow." We hang up and I smile to myself. "I'll see you tomorrow." I say looking at my phone and walking towards the bathroom.

I wake up this morning and practically jump out of bed. I haven't felt anything like this since high school. I have butterflies in my stomach and for some reason, I'm nervous. I start getting ready and throw my last minute things in my suitcase. I put on my blue and brown striped dress with my brown wedges and give myself one last look in the mirror. I call a cab to take me to the airport so my car can stay in the garage. Shortly after arriving at the airport and getting checked in, I'm in line to board my flight. I quickly text Nick and tell him that I'll be there in a few hours and then I hand my boarding pass to the attendant and board the plane.

Zak POV
Jess and I haven't talked much today. She said that she had a lot to do at Hill View so she wouldn't be able to talk much. I had no idea that I would miss her this much when I left. I've been trying to hang out with Nick and Aaron but they are both with family. It's a beautiful day outside so I'm sitting on my back porch throwing a ball for my dog, Gracie. After about 30 minutes of sitting outside, there is a knock on my front door. I walk back through my house until I reach the door. When I open it, my jaw falls down to the floor. "Jess! What are you doing here?" I ask as I start to smile. "I couldn't wait any longer to see you so I took a couple weeks off work and now I'm here. Surprise!" She says with a huge smile. I grab her bags and help her inside before crashing my lips to hers. "I'm so glad you are here." I say as I pull away.

"I still can't believe that you're here." I tell Jess for probably the millionth time. "I know right. But now that I'm here, what shall we do?" She asks. "I really want to keep you to myself tonight. We can go all over the place tomorrow. Is that ok? By the way, remind me to thank Nick for getting you here." Jess smiles really big and then leans over to kiss me softly. "Can we go swimming?" She asks with a laugh when she pulls away. "Absolutely." I say laughing before we head inside to change. After I finish changing into my swim trunks, I make my way outside. Jess is already out there and in the pool. "You didn't even wait for me?" I ask walking outside and breaking her from her thoughts. She smiles at me and kisses me as I get in the water and wrap my arms around her. "So, what's the best hotel to stay in here?" She asks and I look at her confused. "Stay here with me." "Are you sure? I really don't want to bother you." "You won't bother me at all. I'm happy to have you here. You can even sleep in the guest room if that makes you feel better." I tell her reassuringly. Jess wraps her arms around my neck and kisses me again. I'm really glad she is here so that I can officially make her mine.