Epilogue

3 years later-

Dan's POV:

'Prince Daniel?' Someone said, and I turned around quickly. I guess I'd have to get used to that title.

'You and the King have to leave in 20 minutes, you're going into the village for your post wedding speeches.' a maid said, smiling.

'Oh, okay. Thank you!' I said, smiling back at her as she left the rooms. I'd forgotten that this was even happening, in all the haze of the wedding yesterday. I got up and found Phil in the throne room. I hadn't seen him yet this morning as he had a meeting early.

'And how's my beautiful husband doing?' he said as I entered, making me blush slightly.

'Slightly worried that I've now promised to spend the rest of my life with you, but other than that...'

'Oh shut up - you love me really.' he said, and I had to agree. He kissed me for a few seconds, knowing that everyone was watching. Neither of us cared though, after all, everyone supported us; I can't blame them.

We both went back to our room and changed before jumping in the carriage and heading into the village. I ran over the speech in my head, before standing on the raised platform in the town I grew up in. The raised platform on which I saw the love of my life for the first time.

Phil spoke, and I ran over the words in my head as many times as I could manage. Then, it was time to speak.

'Hello. Friends, family, everyone here. The people I grew up with. First and foremost, I'd like to thank you. Growing up in this village has given me the best childhood I could have asked for. We may not have had much money, in fact we didn't have a lot of anything - but the memories shared together will stay in my heart forevermore.

Secondly, I'd like to thank my beautiful husband next to me. I've never been happier in my life. I remember the moment we met. I remember thinking that you were probably the exact same as your mother. I would like to eat my own words right there: you are the most kind, helpful and wonderful person I've ever met. Also, special thanks to my sister Rose over there. She decided it would be a good idea to run up to the crown prince who she'd barely seen before, let alone spoken to, and give him a flower. In my moment of 'Oh God, what the hell is she doing?' I never knew what was going to happen next or the fact that apparently, this was a great idea of my sister's.

I'd like to say that I'm still one of you. I'm clearly not going to abandon you all now I'm royal or whatever. I'm the exact same person, just happier and more complete.

I want to keep this short and sweet, because I'm aware of how boring speeches can be. But thank you, thank you everyone. May our kingdom prosper and live in serenity and happiness.'

The people started screaming now, clapping and cheering. I couldn't hear though.

I was kissing the man who had taken my heart.

(A/N:
Well that's it guys! Thanks to anyone who's supported my story, I'd be lying if I said I was happy with it but it's still been fun. I really hope you've enjoyed.

- Holly, xx)